Yeah! my 50d arrived.

swatpup32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My 50d arrived today. I had a couple of stuck pixels on the sensor but they disappeared after a few hundred shots.Overall I'm pleased, but it's a lot to get a handle on. Also, I figured out why a kit lens(28-135mm) is such a pain, but I won't have it for too long.

Last edited:
What's the problem you discovered with your kit lens? I was going to sell mine, but decided to keep it since it's the only lens I have in that focal range with IS. It still takes very good pictures.

Congrats on the new camera! You're going to love it.

The only problem I have with the lens is it doesn't seem to collect light fast enough indoors. Even in a well lit room at f3.5 the fastest shutter speed I can use is 1/15. It's not a big problem, I'll just pick up a 50mm lens for indoor use. It's been kind of murky outdoors so I really haven't had the chance to take well lit outdoor photos.

The only problem I have with the lens is it doesn't seem to collect light fast enough indoors. Even in a well lit room at f3.5 the fastest shutter speed I can use is 1/15. It's not a big problem, I'll just pick up a 50mm lens for indoor use. It's been kind of murky outdoors so I really haven't had the chance to take well lit outdoor photos.
Bump your ISO up, I get good quality images all the way up to 3200. At 1600 there shouldn't be much of a problem at all with noise. That should get your shutter speed up for you.

Also, invest in an external flash for indoor shots. It will improve your indoor images 100%.

Most reactions

Back