Yeah Science!

Scatterbrained

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
To paraphrase the words of Mark Watney (The Martian): They're gonna have to science the $h!+ out of this shoot. :allteeth:

Ready to Science it Up
by tltichy, on Flickr

Whoa!
by tltichy, on Flickr

Yeah Science!
by tltichy, on Flickr

Yeah, they geeked out at the reaction. We ended up having to do the experiment several times. My five year old simply couldn't stop giggling and jumping around talking about it.

..and for those who are wondering. . .

I always appreciate your showing us the setup. Your models are perfect!

Love your models, especially the little one, she's a natural! I also appreciate the photo of your setup. From the photo it looks like a softbox on the right, but I can't see any other lighting. Was that it?

Hi, I am struggling to attach my ipad to the camera tripod. I know various hot shoe ipad accessories exist but my hot shoe is reserved for triggers.
How did you attach that ledge thing to the tripod?
I have tried clamps, and magic arms, but they all fall short of their promise, and my ipad falls as well, (or slowly slips out of position).

Secondly what software are you using? Shutter snitch? Qdslrdashboard? Camranger?

thanks

Those are awesome.

Great idea and well executed!

I love this shot, great work! The girls look like they are having a wonderful time. :)

Did you read the Martian or just watch the movie? The movie doesn't hold a candle the book.

I always appreciate your showing us the setup. Your models are perfect!
Thanks! Glad you like it. There is a long standing "set-up" thread on another board, I figured if there are so many of us curious about each others set ups then it can't be any different over here. ;)

Love your models, especially the little one, she's a natural! I also appreciate the photo of your setup. From the photo it looks like a softbox on the right, but I can't see any other lighting. Was that it?
Thank you. The large white panel in the back is a Lastolite Hilite. Basically a giant softbox. It has two Alien Bee B1600s in it for this shoot. On the right is a 90x120cm gridded softbox and on the left is a Scrim Jim with a white bounce panel.

Nicely done!
Thank You! :)

Hi, I am struggling to attach my ipad to the camera tripod. I know various hot shoe ipad accessories exist but my hot shoe is reserved for triggers.
How did you attach that ledge thing to the tripod?
I have tried clamps, and magic arms, but they all fall short of their promise, and my ipad falls as well, (or slowly slips out of position).

Secondly what software are you using? Shutter snitch? Qdslrdashboard? Camranger?

thanks
The platform for the tablet is a Tri-Pad. Unfortunately I think they are all but gone. Google doesn't bring up their website, nothing comes up on B&H, and on Amazon I just get their "traveler" which was a platform for suitcases. Short of finding a used one on e-bay the next option would be to get a manfrotto 131DD accessory arm and mount a laptop platform on one side and the camera on the other. I've been contemplating going that way myself, but the TriPad still works fine, and it has a cupholder.
As far as software, for my Canon I use DSLRController and for the Sony I just use the Sony remote software "PlayMemories: Camera Remote".

Good stuff and well done! (But, the big but, the flesh tones look a bit pale, at least on my screen.)
Thanks! Yeah, my girls are a bit pale. Add to that the high contrast processing and it really brings the "highlights" areas out. To be fair, I wouldn't call them "alabaster", but only because there's a girl in there swim group with actual alabaster skin and for the first time I got to see what someone would look like with real, honest to god white skin. How that poor girls survives out here in the desert with that complexion is beyond me.

Those are awesome.
Thank You!:)

Great idea and well executed!
Thanks!:)

I love this shot, great work! The girls look like they are having a wonderful time. :)

Did you read the Martian or just watch the movie? The movie doesn't hold a candle the book.
Thanks! Haven't read the book. It's always the case that the books exceed the movie, but that movie was pretty good. ;) In general though, I tend to not read books that have been made into movies unless I encountered the book before the movie project was started.

One has to pay $75 to see your pictures posted on 500px (link in your signature)?
Woops. That link used to direct you to the 500px portfolio. I don't think I've paid for that in years though, so it's been dead a while. :blush::boggled: Trust me, it wouldn't be worth the money. . . . . . . :guilty:

Here's a link to the regular 500px page: Timothy Tichy

Thanks! Haven't read the book. It's always the case that the books exceed the movie, but that movie was pretty good. ;) In general though, I tend to not read books that have been made into movies unless I encountered the book before the movie project was started.

If you liked the movie, you will be over the moon for the book!
I actually didn't read it, I don't have the time to read much. So I listened to the audiobook, which the guy who reads it is insanely good!
If you have never had an Audible account before, they give you two free audiobooks when you sign up. Then you just cancel after you download them. Don't judge me, I'm broke! :biggrin-93:

This is great! I hope someday I'll learn such setup and the technicalities of it. Enjoy shooting!

Most reactions

Back