yeah, we want to see perfect bodies

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lingerie Company Remakes Victoria s Secret Ad With A More Realistic Range Of Body Types Bored Panda

We're all attracted to pretty. We want to see pretty. But what is pretty to me, doesn't mean it's pretty to you...

Standards of "what is beautiful" change all the time.

How much reality is on photographs, commercials and such, and yet we fall on that all the time. We fall in love in the presentation, not the reality. We pose people accentuating their good attributes, and trying to hide/minimize their faults. Is that like we're cheating reality? How about retouching?

How far you go with your retouching, presentation of the person in front of your camera?

Last edited:
Lingerie Company Remakes Victoria s Secret Ad With A More Realistic Range Of Body Types Bored Panda

We're all attracted to pretty. We want to see pretty. But what is pretty to me, doesn't mean it's pretty to you...

How much reality is on photographs, commercials and such, and yet we fall on that all the time. We fall in love in the presentation, not the reality. We pose people accentuating their good attributes, and trying to hide/minimize their faults. Is that like we're cheating reality? How about retouching?

How far you go with your retouching, presentation of the person in front of your camera?

Perhaps the question should not be about 'retouching', because that has been mauled previously, but why we try to make everyone 'pretty' or make them ' look their best'?

Someone didn't have their morning coffee haha.

To me, the best thing a person can carry is confidence. Without that, no one is pretty or beautiful. A smile goes a long way.....unless you have no teeth lol

Perhaps the question should not be about 'retouching', because that has been mauled previously, but why we try to make everyone 'pretty' or make them ' look their best'?
Gee... Because most people want to look "pretty" or "look their best"? Maybe? Just spitballing here...

I thought this thread was going to be about Camera Bodies !!
Oh well o_O

I thought this thread was going to be about Camera Bodies !!
Oh well o_O
I was hoping for the same thing, but no such luck. Back to the same fight about beauty and editing and retouching and how far will YOU go, and the ethics of it all, and all associated BS to go with it that's been seen here about a hundred times already.

My only question at this point is how many pages this will go before it gets locked over flared tempers or fizzles out after meandering off in some odd direction about zebras or salmon recipes or some such nonsense. I'll guess 9.

It's different dependent upon who you ask, and when.
It's also probably different if you ask about one subject, or compare subjects. One subject could be "beautiful" but compared to another it could fall short of that person's definition.

I don't worry about it. Most guys don't about themselves. Women seem to worry about it far more and use comparisons much more. But then, I'm not a psychologist and I really don't worry about it.

My only input, if you don't have any positive to add why bash someones thread?

Go make your own and complain all you want.

As Dan would say, have a nice day :76::76::76::76::76:

Get back to me after you've seen the clone and resultant direction of this thread a hundred times. Meanwhile, I'll post my opinions about threads as I please, and you can have a nice day
:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Get back to me after you've seen the clone and resultant direction of this thread a hundred times. Meanwhile, I'll post my opinions about threads as I please, and you can have a nice day
:76:

Get back to me after you've seen the clone and resultant direction of this thread a hundred times. Meanwhile, I'll post my opinions about threads as I please, and you can gfys.
interesting way for you to contribute to the theme of this thread. Hypocritical much?

As Dan would say, have a nice day:76::76::76::76:
Get back to me after you've seen the clone and resultant direction of this thread a hundred times. Meanwhile, I'll post my opinions about threads as I please, and you can gfys.
interesting way for you to contribute to the theme of this thread. Hypocritical much?
I would love to hear how you have contributed! My first comment was on topic, yours wasn't.

Have a good day :76:

This is what I have to say on the topic:

I agree with Calvin Harris. Lyrics:

I like them black girls
I like them white girls
I like them asian girls
I like them mixed race girls
I like them Spanish girls
I like them Italian girls
I like the French girls
And I like Scandanavian girls