Yeap! still cant make a decision

bemmermazda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ill keep it simple. Im going to spain for 2 weeks in july. My birthday is coming up in 20 days, it would be a great time to get one more lens in my bag for the trip. At the moment my kit is a 50 1.8, 70-300 4-5.6. I NEED a walk around lens but i also want a telephoto like the 80-200mm 2.8. So i want recommendations for a nice walk around lens. My budget is 850. Im going to spain, i want something for walking around the city. Will be mounted on a D70.

I really wouldnt go for the 70(or 80)-200 f2.8. Its very big and heavy and wouldnt make a good walk around lens.

What range do you want? Would you prefer it on the lower end (14-24) or on the longer said?

You might wanna look at the 18-200mm, that would make a great general walk around lens

psh, 18-200 is crap. sorry but it is. ill clarify, i mainly shoot sports and the tele would not be for a walk around lens. it would be for sports.

Whatever Nikon has that's the competitor to the Canon 24-105 F/4 lens sounds like a good range for walkaround, a little narrow on the wide end but still would be livable.

A good walk around lens needs to be fairly wide. That's because if you've picked a good place to walk around in then that's the way your eyes will be! :)

No, really, a touring lens needs to allow you to tell the story of your experiences and to capture the general feel of them. You need to show everything in relation to everything else which only a wide angle will do.

I really like my 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 but if I were buying that range today I would have to give a hard look at a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8.

Either one of these and you can also get an 85mm f/1.8. You don't only walk around in the daytime do you? ;)

Most reactions

Back