Yellow-crowned Night-heron

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't see many of these birds, they seem reclusive and this one is no exception. I found it among the mangroves while kayaking two days ago. It's not a very good picture with all the shade, blown highlights and lack of sharpness, etc. but I figured it's worth a look at if you've never seen one before.
11142403-studio.jpg

Yellow-crowned Night-Heron Identification, All About Birds, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

great find. we get about 20 of them at the refuge for a week or two every year. they're a little ways off so hard to shoot, but i did manage to get a closeup of one last year.

Beautiful bird. Can't say I have ever seen one before. Nice find.

great find. we get about 20 of them at the refuge for a week or two every year. they're a little ways off so hard to shoot, but i did manage to get a closeup of one last year.

Thanks. I've seen a few down at the marsh last year so I'm hoping to see more there ... in better light of course.

Beautiful bird. Can't say I have ever seen one before. Nice find.

Thanks.

Good shot considering the circumstances. Not so sure about the pink cheeks. What happened there?

I have not seen one. Thanks for sharing.

Good shot considering the circumstances. Not so sure about the pink cheeks. What happened there?

As previously mentioned, the highlights were blown out, maybe you over-read that.

Yeah, I read the but blancmange pink?

I'm really not concerned with it, to me it's just a junk pic sitting in "Just For Fun " where I thought it wouldn't get any critique.

Ooooooooooooooooooohhhh!!!! Touchy. I was trying to goad you into admitting you'd applied some of your blusher to it. I know what you do at the weekends.:D:D;)

As previously mentioned, the highlights were blown out, maybe you over-read that.

Yeah, I read the but blancmange pink?

I'm really not concerned with it, to me it's just a junk pic sitting in "Just For Fun " where I thought it wouldn't get any critique.

Ooooooooooooooooooohhhh!!!! Touchy. I was trying to goad you into admitting you'd applied some of your blusher to it. I know what you do at the weekends.:D:D;)

I know what you did in your pants last summer. :distracted:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back