Yellow flower c&c

mommyphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this while it was really windy but kind-a like it. let me know what you think

114 by bettylou0329, on Flickr

Welcome to TPF.

Good use of depth of field to isolate the flower from the background on this, here are a few things that could have made this better to keep in mind for next time:
- The focus is off (i think its on the green leaf bottom left?) and not on the yellow petals, make sure to get the focus down on the main part of your subject especially using such a narrow DOF.
- The crop is too tight, try not to cut bits off your subject unless it adds to the image in someway.
- The exposure looks ok however you have one over exposed petal that was in bright light. For shooting flowers try to avoid bright sunny days and direct sunlight, waiting for clouds to pass over can help. Golden hours are best and overcast days can be great for shootinig flowers as it helps reduce the contrast of shadows and highlights that can distract your eye from the subject.
- The subject is centered, its often better to place the subject off of the center line as this where the eye naturally leads. Have a read of this great article on composition Basic Composition for Photography by IanHylands - Pinkbike.com

hope this helps!

Welcome to the party, mommyphotog!!!!
Yay!! It's spring!! Flowers are a wonderful way to learn how to use the settings on your camera and practice composition!
Einstein had some good comments above. I'm going to add an other link that will help you w/ your flower shots.......
Flower Photo Tips

And this one is purely for your enjoyment!! There are a lot of inspiring pictures of flowers on here!! Maybe one will help you w/ your next shot!!
41 Delicious Flower Photographs

Thanks so much. I wish it was centered. I did it one handed bc I was holding my son (3);s hand so he wouldn't fall down a hill but loved the yellow so I had to get a shot :lol: Thanks for the links. Love learning!

Bad framing, or crop. Also looks overexposed to me.

Most reactions

Back