yellow-ish stain in the center of the frame

ntz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I've bought new filters - Kase circular magnetic filters and I can see in the middle of the frame weird yellowish stain while using a ND1000 filter .. here are RAWs from Nikon ..

I've also included a photo without filter ...

Could you please help me to determine what's that yellow-ish stain in the middle ?

thanks much and regards,

dan

As a general practice I and many others get squimish on clicking offsite links, and pass on downloading unknown files from another link. A better alternative would be to either post an image or embed an image link in the post so it shows up.

As to your issue, if the issue only shows up when you put the filter on then you likely have a bad filter. Does it show up with all the filters or only a specific one?

As a general practice I and many others get squimish on clicking offsite links, and pass on downloading unknown files from another link. A better alternative would be to either post an image or embed an image link in the post so it shows up.

As to your issue, if the issue only shows up when you put the filter on then you likely have a bad filter. Does it show up with all the filters or only a specific one?

Hello,

it's on google drive so hopefully scanned with some google antivirus software .. there are in archive Nikon NEFs out of camera so the size of the archive is ~80MB so it's hard to place that elswhere ..

regards, dan

ps. ofc I suggest in that case to use that "Private Window" mode in your browser while clicking on such a link ... I do it too ..

here is the direct link:

ntz-nef-ng-1000.tgz

Last edited:
i don't mind links/downloads from well established, active members. but when it's someone's very first post i'm skeptical. situational awareness.

after looking at the images i would say it's from the filter. filters can have color casts, though it's usually all over and not in a centralized spot like that. what brand (and model if they have more than 1 nd1000) filter are you using? i use breakthrough and have been very happy.

edit: have you done a visual inspection of the filter to see if there's any visible discoloration or marks? i know you can't see through it, but mine looks like a solid dark red color when light is reflected off of it. have you tried to clean it?

@ntz it's a moot point to look at the images. If the yellow stain, is only there when you use a filter, then the logical answer would be something wrong with the filter.

guys, I have idea what is that ... my lens has pretty much bulging front glass ... it was perhaps because I didn't use a lens hood while taking the photo with filter ... I tried to replicate issue and it didn't appear there under different conditions ... will return to same place where I took those photos with stain tomorrow and same time, this will be final test

Most reactions

New Topics

Back