Yellow Slides

irisphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Help,
i ran a slide order in standard E6 (as far as i know)
my rolls of E100vs came out with a yellow cast over the whole thing. the edges of the film it all blue instead of black. it is very much like cross prepossessing except that the images are still positive. we ran some fuji slide film through the same chem, and got normal results. so we are thinking that it might be something wrong with the film. here is the a scan from the roll. what i am looking for is: 1 any idea why this might be happening, and 2 any idea how to fix them. i have some skill in photoshop, but i don't think there is enough info behind the yellow to make a decent image.
n9101833_38526875_1141.jpg

It almost sounds as though there is still some fixing to be done. I don't shoot or process slide so I am no authority but maybe a little more fixing to wash away remaining halides in one of you color layers? Hopefully this will get the right boulder crashing along. Just an idea.

If you machine-processed the successful Fuji film with the same timings and chemicals as the yellow E100VS, but after it, the most likely process cause is low temperature of the colour developer. This will cause a yellow colour cast if all chemicals are OK and the timings are correct.

The other possibility is that the film was exposed through the base, in the camera. Check lettering etc for being the right way round. This should not affect the rebate density, of course, so this may not be the case here.

Edit:
If the Fuji was run before the E100VS, then the chemicals could be contaminated.

Best,
Helen

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back