Yellowstone National Park C&C

Shawnda

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been away from the site for a short time, due to real life things happening. New job and moving can do that to someone! We were able to make a trip up to Yellowstone National Park at the beginning of this month. I snapped a total of close to 1500 photos. I've been slowly going through them and getting them processed and etc. I have a few I'd like to get some C&C on, so that way I can continue to improve my photo taking!

Grand Teton National Park - a beautiful view we saw on our way home.

Baby Bison

Excelsior Geyser Crater

Sapphire Pool

Geothermal Pool

Interesting rock formation on the mountain top...

Wow.... I was hoping for some critique...

They're beautiful! However, I think the crop on the last picture is a bit tight. I'd like to see more of the cloud formation.

The only picture that looks interesting, photography-wise, is #5. I like the colors, but the composition is lacking. Getting closer/lower etc could have helped.

I don't care for the crop on the last one either. It almost looks like you cropped the feet (tree trunks) off. Maybe it wasn't possible to include the whole trees?

The others look more like travel/snapshots too me....not that snapshots are bad, but none of those look like I'd hang them on the wall.

Hope this helps.

I didn't drop the last one at all. That mountain range was quite a bit aways from me. The only way I was able to get the formations at the top, was to zoom in at the top.

@HikinMike, if you have ever been to Yellowstone, you would know I couldn't get any closer to the pools :(. I wanted too, but that wasn't the day I wanted to fall through the earth's crust because it is extremely thin and hot in those locations. Yes, I could have squatted down some, but then I would have to fight with the fence failings from getting in the photo :(

I was there briefly (a few hours) as we were driving cross country about 15 years ago...and before I was "interested" in photography. I figured you couldn't get closer, but that's where a longer lens helps. Sometimes you have to "adjust" your situation (kneel, sit, squat, etc) to get the shot you wanted. Trust me. :D

For a C&C, it helps to list the EXIF next time. ;)

Four words:

Bee

You

Ti

Full.

#1 is fantastical. The others are pretty cool too, great colors, but the perspectives bother me a bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back