Yellowstone

snotshake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some shots I took from my trip to Yellowstone Nat'l Park this week. Hope you like some of them.

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

3. The Artist's Paintpots: The spring located at the bottom lets out very hot water that grows bacteria that gives off the copper and blue tinges in the stream.
IMG_3727.jpg

4. Mudpot:
IMG_3742ps.jpg

5. Underwater stream at the paintpots. The water is fairly opaque which creates a nice illusion.
IMG_3746.jpg

6. Dead trees from the fire:
IMG_3782ps.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

8. Bison
IMG_3850.jpg

9. Dragon's Cave Spring:
IMG_3915.jpg

10. Lower Falls. For reference, the white speck to the right of the top of the falls is a person:
IMG_4005ps.jpg

11. Lower Falls again:
IMG_4028ps.jpg

12. The bottom of Lower Falls. The water condenses on the hill on the right and water runs down the side.
IMG_4045ps.jpg

13. Yellowstone River
IMG_4048ps.jpg

14. Tower Falls @ 1/25th shutter and then @ 1/3rd. Tell me which you prefer:
IMG_4102ps.jpg

IMG_4103ps.jpg

15. Me at Lower Falls:
IMG_4036ps.jpg

All of these were shot with a Canon Xt. The two lenses used were the kit and a 100-300 f/3.5-5.6 push-pull zoom lense.

Please critique and be honest. That is how I get better.

Heya. Good to see you. (What can I call you, I really do NOT want to call you "snotshake", not really).

There are some nice captures here from what I believe was a breathtaking outing to a breathtaking park. I have never been, all I know about Yellowstone is what I read and saw in photos of others (books, here, footage on TV etc).

Unfortunately there are a bit too many pics for some really detailed evaluation. While I still looked carefully at the first few, I later really only skimmed over all the waterfall pics. One piece of advice: CHOOSE from your pics. Or set yourself themes and present them as a series on one theme only. Just a very well-meant hint.

OK, the one that appealed to me instantly was No 3, the Artist's Paintpots. That sports some really rare, exceptional and exceptionally nice colours. If that had been mine, though, I'd have straightened it and cropped off the fence and people in the background to really only focus on the ponds and their colours.

I can almost HEAR the mud pot - blobb! :D

And the close-up on colour of one of the ponds of the Artist's Paintpots is also nice.

No 7 needs straightening, to my mind.

All in all I feel I should put Yellowstone onto my still-to-do-in-life list!

Ah. Not wanting to hijack your thread with a pic of mine, but when I went into the kitchen to finally start preparing the family's Saturday morning breakfast, my glance fell on the calendar that's hanging there, and its July-pic, and I had to take a quick snap of it (and the clock, to show you how late we are having a Saturday breakfast, heehee :D) to show you how I normally get to see Yellowstone:

KalenderJuliundUhr.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back