Yes, No, Maybe So?

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can't really decide if I like this or not. It didn't turn out quite like I had envisioned it at the time, but what do you all think?

Sunset by RxForB3, on Flickr

The sky looks kind of underexposed to me... and I'm still trying to decide how I feel about the sun being behind the tree :lol:

What was it you *had* envisioned?

Well...more warmth to it. More vibrance to the mountains in the background. As I could see it in real life, the sun was less prominent and the tree diffused the sunlight more. Definitely seemed to be more "orange" glow to it in person. I think a lot of it had to do with the angle. If I had gotten the sun more directly in the branches of the tree, I think it would have been better...not really sure...just seemed better in person at the time :) But then so did the rest of the pictures I took yesterday :)

Definitely underexposed.

I dont like how the tree in the middle bisects the frame.

Underexposed! Enlighten me on what you have envisioned. I think you want the sunlight to appear in between the tree branches...shining brightly?

Looks like the tree is smacked right in middle, blocking the beautiful sun...mmm....

throw that tree off to either side and don't chop the top! lol

A few posts up you'll see my description (as best I can) for what I was going for. So...if I were to go back and try again (might sometime), I should put the tree to the side. I WAS trying to get the sun shining THROUGH the tree, but I don't suppose that prevents me from putting the tree at the side, and I do agree that that would feel less "forced" than having the tree in the middle. Then make sure to expose it better. Perhaps would focusing on the mountain help? Or should I focus to infinity? Or focus on the tree? And, as said, make sure I get the top of the tree :) Or should I just scrap the idea entirely?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back