Yesterday's GBH shots

jedirunner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, finally got the pics off the camera and run through lightroom and on the web so I can post them. I was so crazy excited when I saw that GBH, and even more excited when I realized that he wasn't shy at all (let us get about 15-20 feet from him before he'd lazily fly across the tiny pond). We did that several times. A *lot* of fun. And as often as I've gotten blurry photos of GBH as they've surprised me and flown away, I was happy to finally get these shots. Glad we went to the little ponds by work ... fortunate timing :)

The location is a series of 3 small ponds that are bordered on one side by the a river with marshy "wildlife refuge" type designated areas, and on the other side by a residential subdivision next to an office complex. Nice area.

1. Here's a wider shot of the pond we were shooting at
p1760811199-5.jpg

2. Head shot. He let me get *really* close (while this is resized for web, it has very little cropping at all)
p1826792956-5.jpg

3. I know the background is terrible. But I liked the wings-spread shot.
p1870460485-5.jpg

4. In flight
p1655418492-5.jpg

5. One more pose
p1696995745-5.jpg

These are just a small handful of many GBH shots ... was like finding a fully productive gold mine after panning for gold on all the other outings. :)

Kevin

Great looking captures Kevin...nice composition on the first one and really like the portriat shot. :thumbup:

Nice! I like #2. I always like watching herons/egrets fly, they seem like it would be so awkward with that long neck and legs, but they compact themselves up so much...

Great looking captures Kevin...nice composition on the first one and really like the portriat shot. :thumbup:

Nice! I like #2. I always like watching herons/egrets fly, they seem like it would be so awkward with that long neck and legs, but they compact themselves up so much...

Thanks both of you. Yes, I like #2 quite a lot. As far as compacting themselves, it's fun to watch a snowy egret in flight and then land, as its neck seems to come out of nowhere!

Kevin

Most reactions

Back