Yesterday's Photoshoot

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Going for a commercial feel. Critiques welcome.
alexis1w.jpg

nick1w.jpg

nick3w.jpg

nickalexis1w.jpg

I like the expressions in all of them, they look like they were really relaxed and having a good time. My favorite of the boy is the second one. I like candid type photos the best.

The one of the little girl with the guitar is great, I really like the posing and background.

My critique would be maybe on the first one there needs to be a bit more cropping on the top? I like the space, but it seems like there's a little too much on the top. Just my opinion though.

Good work! Do you use any reflectors or anything?

My faves are #2 & 7. Nice expressions and they appear very natural.
I would suggest a reflector, esp on the ones with them in hats because of the shadows.

Light ... lots of light, no shadows and even skin tones... (might want to invest in a good reflector disc)...the making of good commercial photos... the only one that comes close is the close up of the boy in the cowboy hat. Composition could improve too, the law of thirds?

Good expression and interactivity with the kids...

sdbphoto said:
Light ... lots of light, no shadows and even skin tones... (might want to invest in a good reflector disc)...the making of good commercial photos... the only one that comes close is the close up of the boy in the cowboy hat. Composition could improve too, the law of thirds?

Good expression and interactivity with the kids...

Sean, thank you for looking. I love your photos. I'm not sure what you mean with what you said above. Could you go into detail for me? I'm really trying to improve.
Thanks,
Cindy

AlisonS said:
My faves are #2 & 7. Nice expressions and they appear very natural.
I would suggest a reflector, esp on the ones with them in hats because of the shadows.

Hi Alison!
I had the Photoflex 5-1 with me but besides it being a cloudless 90 degree day in Texas, we were also having 40mph winds. I couldn't figure out how to keep the relectors down.
On a day like that is there something you can do with lights? I just got a studio set, but haven't even taken it out of the case yet.
Thanks,
Cindy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back