Yet Another Boring Belly Dancer

I've missed your belly dancers!

Got more to show but need time to finish processing. Thanks for the ideas and the comments :D

That scarf is perfect. Maybe too much so. I find myself attracted more to it than the girl.
Well, it IS silk so maybe there's a latent silk scarf fetish somewhere in your DNA? ;)

Love the photo and the subject. Shooting belly dancers is fun--so thanks for sharing.
I agree with the comments in earlier threads--especially about the hair and the wrinkles at the bottom. As for the square format--maybe. Definitely worth a try to see which you like better. I'd also brighten the upper left quadrant--it looks "dirty" compared to the rest of the lighting in the other parts of the photo.
It's also hard work when you shoot 5 individual dancers and two troupes in the same day... one of my strobes started smoking half way through! Then I'd agreed to shoot their performances at an evening show afterwards... and drive 2 hours home afterwards (not sure if I'm a masochist or an idiot!).

Yes, got all those points and will be taking them into consideration. :)
I just finished the most difficult set (promotional shots for a lovely lady of VERY bountiful proportions) so I should be able to crack on with the rest - if we don't have more family issues arise with our adult children and my mother (fingers crossed).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back