yet another car shoot

Location Location Location.. try taking that Subie (JDM Forester?) out to an abandoned warehouse or other industrial area.. or be creative and find your own location :)

Also, use that 70-200 and get some on the ground shots.. zoom in to the maaaaxxx, and get some distance :)

Thanks for the inputs guys. Yeah the background was a bit too clouted. Only problem is I would want to do a shoot of both and getting them both to a location at the same time with 1 driver would be tricky. I could trailer the bike but then a Harley was not meant to be put on a trailer. Ohhh yeah that is a JDM Forester SF5 I have been working on for a few weeks now with polish and wax trying to restore the paint. As for a location I think I have an Idea for one just need a day to drive there and snap away....

Put your girlfriend in leather and get her to ride the soft tail to the location. Done well and you won't even have to bother taking pictures of the cage. I'm a bit partial to HD. I have a customized soft ail I've had since 1988 and a 2007 Street Glide that I'm personalizing.

Put your girlfriend in leather and get her to ride the soft tail to the location. Done well and you won't even have to bother taking pictures of the cage. I'm a bit partial to HD. I have a customized soft ail I've had since 1988 and a 2007 Street Glide that I'm personalizing.

I couldnt help but laugh at the cage comment not many people understand that.

Ok keep your tires straigt when taking full body shots and angle yourself better.

Don't need to see the whole car in each photo. Take some more creative photos. Get closer to it.

if you feel the need to turn your tires, do it slightly so we can see your wheels.

I couldnt help but laugh at the cage comment not many people understand that.

I did too! Man, it has been a while since I have been on a motorcycle forum...

Definitely need a change of background, but more importantly I don't think these two subjects should be in the same pic. It's a total mismatch and just doesn't look right. I would never put my ZX10r next to my mercury for obvious reasons. Also try a lower angle.

When I've shot car photos I've used office buildings that have some sort of cool cement pattern.
On weekends they are usually deserted. If you bring a ladder, you can get some really cool shots from up high.
I don't think the photos are bad, but others have a good point that the background distracts from the subjects.

I've had good results where the road went along the edge of a cliff, and the ocean was in the background.

You have a nice car and a cool bike!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back