yet another lense question

sxesweets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not really sure what to google, tried a few times with no luck :(

I was looking at lenses at a second hand shop and am wondering how you would be able to tell what fits a nikon without just trying to put it on. There were a bunch of sigmas and tamarons is there something I should be looking for?

Thanks for any information

It should specify on the lens mount...if you can't already tell from the look of the lens mount.

Which store were you in? They usually group the lenses together for the mount. So all the Canon compatible lenses will be together (manual and auto-focus will be separate) and all the Nikon compatible in another spot.

Hey Mike :)
Thanks for the info, I kinda gave up after I saw them all as I really didn't know what I was looking for. I will ask my oh where we were as I'm still kinda new to Edmonton and he was driving.

Lenses for newer Nikons are usually fairly easy, they have distintive "ball" type contacts, on the upper, RH quadrant of the lens mount.

AF28105mmD_D.jpg

I am totally going to go to some stores today and look closer at the mounts. Thanks again guys :)

Nikon has used the F-mount since the 1959. Canon used the FD-mount through 1986 and changed to the EF-mount in 1987.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back