...yet ANOTHER newcomer!...

ZedU54

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...hello, all!...I just found this site (by Googling it), because I was looking for one of these forums concerning photography...I am a newcomer to film photography (if you can believe that! :confused: ) since I recently got my hands on my first 'real' 35mm camera...found a Minolta Maxxum 3xi at a yard sale for 25.00 with the 35-80 power zoom lens...turned out two of the mounting flanges (or shoud I call them 'franges'?...it IS Japanese, after all...:lol:) on the lens were broken, so I wound up replacing it...then I found the aperture control ring was afloat (apparently a common issue with these cameras) and put that back in place...then I found a 'Beer Can' 70-210 mm f/4 lens in a photo store for 50.00 and snapped that up...and picked up a 50mm f/1.7 and a 3500xi program flash as well, so I built up a modest little outfit around this...then I found a very nice Minolta case to put everything in on eBay...and after all that, someone had a box lot of four xi's (two 2xi's, a 3xi, and a 5xi) for 'parts or repair', also on eBay, for 20.00...I was primarily interested in the 5xi, which had a problem with the flash...turned out to be the aperture control ring again (the flash won't fire if the camera can't control the lens aperture), so once again I put that back in place and now I have a serviceable 5xi as well...now, I just have to get used to using these...I can appreciate the ease of digital cameras (I have a Fuji A345), but even in this age of ever-improving digital photography, I don't see film ever going away, and besides, I don't think digital will ever quite be able to do certain things that film can...anyway, I expect I'll be asking my share of 'newbie' questions about my Maxxums and how to make the most of them, and about film photography in general...I'll look around for a while and see what I can find...

Welcome to you from another film devotee! Enjoy the Forum.

over 3yrs later... but better late then never =o) I just got my Minolta 3xi my first 35mm slr camera =o) just wanted to see if you are still using it.. if so what do you think of it?

With no activity in more than two years, it's fairly likely the OP will not see your post.

Most reactions

Back