Brad Hardy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
2wnxvgo.jpg

This one's funny.
And a self?
HDR ... which also now brings out all the dog's hair sticking to your cardigan.
What were the light sources you worked with (I can see two)?
Please tell us more about the making of this photo, will you?

Thanks so much for the comment!
It's actually not HDR-ed. To be perfectly honest with you, I think HDR is one of the worst things to happen to photography since Fujicolor Supiria :lol: (my film friends will get that joke), I digress...

You are correct, two lights were used. Both strobes, main light with a softbox, backlight barebulb. Triggered the camera with an ML L3 remote.

In terms of processing, nothing special. Dodging, Burning, a few sharpening techniques, few blending modes, and some added color cast.

Again, thanks so much for the interest!

i wish i can understand the process of the images, but i'm not a pro yet so i won't ask. haha.
but 'tis a humorous shot indeed. i chuckled when my eyes went from reading the title to seeing the picture. :lol:

... a few sharpening techniques, few blending modes, and some added color cast.

So I guess it were these three secret ingredients that made me think it could have been "HDR-ed", as you put it ;) ... sorry if I offended you with my assumption it could be HDR... :blushing:

Hi,

I'd have the same thoughts on HDR. I'm not mad on it at all and I find it too manipulated, but I have to accept it's going to become mainstream whether I like it or not.

I'm wondering now though, for someone who doesn't like HDR, why you made it look like it is an HDR image.

Steve

I like it! Very unique and I think the pp works very well with the image. I don't know if you are wanting cc but if I had to be picky I did notice a white piece of paper or something on the upholstery near the shoe. No biggie though and I studied the image a few times before I even saw it.

Most reactions

Back