Yongnuo 50mm

Rieda Lorelai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there a huge difference between Yongnuo 50mm and Canon 50mm 1.8 II ?
I want to buy the canon lenses but here in my country they're out of stock, and I can't find one at a good price. On some second-hand sites they're too expensive.. Then I found the Yongnuo lenses on Ebay. Is it worth it? And I'm very curious, does the bokeh effect still look the same?

Is there a huge difference between Yongnuo 50mm and Canon 50mm 1.8 II ?
I want to buy the canon lenses but here in my country they're out of stock, and I can't find one at a good price. On some second-hand sites they're too expensive.. Then I found the Yongnuo lenses on Ebay. Is it worth it? And I'm very curious, does the bokeh effect still look the same?
You might be able to see the quality by looking at some sample photos online.

Try here:

Full-size sample photos - 1000s of lenses and cameras Pixel Peeper

You select the camera like yours and the lens in question. If there are no photographs with that particular lens, then keep looking.

Be aware that some lenses have absolutely ugly bokeh, while other lenses have beautiful bokeh. You want the beautiful kind.

I saw a review of the Yongy...it's very rubbish-y...NOT a good 50mm lens!

The average is 4.4 stars at B&H, Amazon showing 4.3 stars. I read some warnings. And quite a few telling people to make sure you take protective plastic off from and rear element! Apparently people are not taking the protective plastic off rear element.

I can't believe it's only $50.

The Nikon version at Amazon has 4.8 stars with just 16 reviews though. It's more at $76.

Same here, from all the reviews I saw its aint worth the money, I would just get a well used Canon example from local or even through ebay.

With it's cheap price and the free shipping from the retailer I purchased it from in Hong Kong I thought I would give it a go. I've been very impressed with it's performance on my 200D. The pictures are clean, crisp and sharp with a nice bokeh effect.

Get the 50mm STM and don't look back :) I've had the mark ii 50 1.8 and currently the stm. Both are great but I like the STM a bit more.

Get the 50mm STM and don't look back :) I've had the mark ii 50 1.8 and currently the stm. Both are great but I like the STM a bit more.

yep, and the 50mm 1.8 STM is often on the refurbished list (which includes the regular one year warranty)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back