Yongnuo lens

Rampage

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone ever used there lenses and had good experience with them? Saw a yongnuo 50mm for nikon and thought about getting it but wanted to know if anyone had good experiences. Thank you in advance

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I was not aware that they made lenses. In your other thread, you are asking about portraiture, so why the 50mm? You've already got the 50mm focal length covered with your 18-55mm zoom.

How much room do you have for a studio? A longer lens would be a better choice for portraiture, but a longer lens also means you'll have to back away from your model to get her or him all in the frame.

I knew they made a Canon 50mm "replica" lens, wasn't ware they came out with a Nikon yet.

The nikon 50mm 1.8G is cheap and GOOD enough. not sure why you'd want to go Youngnuo.

The Canon 50mm on the other hand is cheap and not that great.

That review is for the Canon lens. Where's this supposed Nikon one?

upload_2016-4-21_9-19-30.png

They don't even make it yet!

Just get the 50 1.8G from Nikon, you can find it on eBay in like new condition for CHEAP.

If your camera has a AF motor, you can get the older 50 1.8D which they still make for even CHEAPER.

In my opinion, just get the 50 1.8G, its good.

I'll sell you my 50mm 1.8G. I dont really ever use it.

I was not aware that they made lenses. In your other thread, you are asking about portraiture, so why the 50mm? You've already got the 50mm focal length covered with your 18-55mm zoom.

How much room do you have for a studio? A longer lens would be a better choice for portraiture, but a longer lens also means you'll have to back away from your model to get her or him all in the frame.
I figured if I got a nifty 50 that I could work more with the Dof since it has wider apertures

I figured if I got a nifty 50 that I could work more with the Dof since it has wider apertures

I see you have the D7100. Seriously, just grab the 50 1.8 AF-D. Its Nikon's nifty fifty its cheap and good.

I see you have the D7100. Seriously, just grab the 50 1.8 AF-D. Its Nikon's nifty fifty its cheap and good.
I think thats what I'm gonna do. I used to have one before my D7000 got stolen.

True, you can play with the DOF, but frankly, portraiture in a studio has very little use for a thin DOF.

A thin DOF would be helpful if you are outside and want to blur out the background, but in the studio you will probably have a seamless backdrop, so no real need to blur the background.

True, you can play with the DOF, but frankly, portraiture in a studio has very little use for a thin DOF.

A thin DOF would be helpful if you are outside and want to blur out the background, but in the studio you will probably have a seamless backdrop, so no real need to blur the background.
Good looking out, I didnt think about that

Yup. Keep the goal in mind, work toward the goal. The only lens you don't have right now is something longer, like an 85mm.

Most reactions

Back