Yonguo YN-560 ii?

TheCameraLady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hotshoe will work, but getting it off camera with wireless triggers will give you wonderful results. Even hand held off camera using a cord will give you better results.

Last edited by a moderator:
What wireless trigger should I get if I plan on getting a second flash in a month or so?

I highly recommend the Youngnuo YN-622 flashes, I have 4 of them, and I use them with Canon 430EX, 580EX and Youngnuo YN-560 flashes, and they work great.
The downside-I don't think they have a TTL version for Nikon yet.

I highly recommend the Youngnuo YN-622 flashes, I have 4 of them, and I use them with Canon 430EX, 580EX and Youngnuo YN-560 flashes, and they work great.
The downside-I don't think they have a TTL version for Nikon yet.
There's no sense paying $90 for YN ETTL Canon triggers if you can't use the ETTL function on them with the Nikon D5100. Just get a set of YN-603 N triggers for Nikon at $32 a pair and save a bundle.

YN 560 Mark II units are AWESOME! Fully manual, not i-TTL (e-TTL on a Canon), but they're cheap and work great!

Yongnuo does make an i-TTL flash for Nikon. In fact, they make a couple of them.

They make the YN-568EX, which is an i-TTL flash meant to run in the same ball park as the Nikon SB-900. I wouldn't classify it as that great, but it's pretty much the same size, and it puts out a pretty powerful flash. Best of all, it appeases Nikon's i-TTL capabilities, making it an outstanding flash for the price range.

Amazon.com: Yongnuo Professional Flash Speedlight Yongnuo YN-568EX Wireless TTL Flash Speedlite for Nikon Camera Nikon cameras: Camera & Photo

I would recommend going with their less expensive alternative, which is also a Nikon i-TTL flash. I'm very experienced with this next flash model, as I use it on my D5000. The Yongnuo YN-468 II. It's not near as powerful as the YN-568 EX or the SB-900. However, it's a great flash, and it's 1/2 the price as the 568 EX. You literally cannot beat this flash for the price:

Amazon.com: Yongnuo YN-468 II i-TTL Speedlite Flash With LCD Display, for Nikon: Electronics

I would highly recommend going with a TTL flash, if you have never used manual flashes before. Even a cheap auto sunpack from walmart would be a more suitable alternative than an all manual flash for someone that doesn't know how to use one.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hope the YN560 II is of some use, I've just ordered two of them. :headbang:

I use two 560 II's quite often as portable "studio" strobes. Also not to plug but i have 4x yougnuo RF 603-C3's that I would be looking to get rid of if you have interest, brand new and work excellent.

Most reactions

Back