You are not a photographer (.com)

Some of those would have had better results if they had thrown the camera down a set of stairs and hoped that by chance the shutter would be triggered.

Now that I've seen that WTF tattoos site, I'm certain we are truly doomed as a species.

I don't know a single working photographer who doesn't take at least a few absolute crap photos during a shoot.

The images posted there are meaningless, with regards to whether or not someone's a "photographer", without being able to see the entirety of someone's work...

Have to agree with this one, any photographer that doesn't admit to shooting some garbage is lying. I've been going through some of my old negs and slides, at the time I thought it all looked pretty amazing, by my standards today, a lot of it isn't any where near as good as I once believed it was.

Hehehehe... And you would be incorrect, sir. I'm single, happy and handsome. I don't have to do anything...

Well okay, other than eat, sleep and pay taxes. But that's political and we can't talk about that.

So I guess the question is, how would you have posed and shot this one??

Well, for starters, I'd have made sure it was in focus.

Second, I would've seriously, seriously recommended against wearing just a jacket and nylons. Does the poor girl not own shoes?

Body language in a photo is much the same as body language in person. After having her put on a pair of Levi's, I'd have had her put her far leg on the log and the forward leg down so her foot was on the ground. As it's posed now, clothed or not, it's closing her off, and making her distant. And, Jesus Mother of God, could she smile?

I'd also get rid of that garbage guitar.

Nothing about this particular image is working, unless its goal is to demonstrate what a bad photograph looks like. That said, though, that's all it demonstrates. I wouldn't be prepared to label the guy a "fauxtographer" based on this single image...

I'm pretty sure that this photo is much better off being out of focus, and perhaps it should be even further out of focus. I've had a few beers tonight and she doesn't get any better looking. I think the only element I would have kept would be the guitar.

QUICK!

Whilst you are all having these strange pangs to critique head to the galleries and start critiquing photos taken by people what might actually listen cause they can read the critiques here (they might not all agree with your critique, but then you can have the joy of discussion and debate and education). Quick, quick - go goooooo!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back