You driod fellows will like this one

they have plenty of training, the problem is they are trained that everyone is a criminal, and everyone is out to kill them, and its better for them to shoot first and ask questions later--in order to come home at night--than to have discretion and deescalate. Go use a police training simulator for weapons training, and try to walk away with another opinion.

They hardly risk their lives. And they know what they are going into signing up for the force. They have full immunity under the law for the crimes they commit, they cant be fired, and they have a code of silence. They have no incentive whatsoever to behave. A typical cop sits in a car, runs plates, and eat donuts all day--they are quite literally tax collectors.

The idea that increasing the salary of police is going to lead to better policing is laughable at best. Plus the more tickets they write the more overtime they can collect--so there's the incentive right there.

the average salary is closer to $50K a year too...not bad for a HS dropout. And it only goes up from there.

In my county, the base rate is ~$53,000 and an officer can expect to make between 56K to 86K within their first 4 years.

Last edited:
they have plenty of training, the problem is they are trained that everyone is a criminal, and everyone is out to kill them, and its better for them to shoot first and ask questions later--in order to come home at night--than to have discretion and deescalate. Go use a police training simulator for weapons training, and try to walk away with another opinion.

They hardly risk their lives. And they know what they are going into signing up for the force. They have full immunity under the law for the crimes they commit, they cant be fired, and they have a code of silence. They have no incentive whatsoever to behave. A typical cop sits in a car, runs plates, and eat donuts all day--they are quite literally tax collectors.

The idea that increasing the salary of police is going to lead to better policing is laughable at best. Plus the more tickets they write the more overtime they can collect--so there's the incentive right there.

the average salary is closer to $50K a year too...not bad for a HS dropout. And it only goes up from there.

In my county, the base rate is ~$52,000 and an officer can expect to make between 56K to 86K within their first 4 years.

Well I disagree. The issue is that they are not getting enough of the right training. There is very little training that involves dealing with a situation verbally rather than physically.

I think that you are being a bit hard on them.

The guy instead told the street-level officer to do what he should have done without being prompted: to ASK a more-experienced, higher-ranking, and presumably SMARTER and BETTER-INFORMED superior officer how to handle a situation that he was clearly incapable of handling on his own. Instead, the street-level officer continued to repeatedly pursue his unproductive, combative approach. He clearly needs more training and a major attitude adjustment because he was unable to handle a very simple interaction with a member of the public. This is typical of many young men in their 20's and early 30's...not enough seasoning to handle interacting with the public, an inability to demonstrate sound judgement, reasoning, and the inability to even admit that he DOESN'T KNOW SQUAT ABOUT what he is asserting he has a legal right to do.

The young, inexperienced trooper showed very poor skills in conflict resolution, and was a terrible representative of his department. There's a reason he is at the very bottom of the ranks. People have a right to expect all LEO's to KNOW the LAWS they are supposedly enforcing! Again, ignorance of the law is no excuse...how many times have we heard that old maxim applied to citizens? And yet, we have people defending flat-out BAD COPS. That's not logical.
I couldn't agree more.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When they stop going around shooting dogs, I'll stop being so hard on them.

fwiw I have friends and family in law enforcement, and work with law enforcement myself. I'm not a cop hater by any means--just a hater.

I'm not a cop hater by any means.
Totally agree. I have family that are officers, and I get treated like I'm a cop hater just because I ask questions.

I don't understand the whole 'with us or against us' mentality.

because that's how most gangs work...

I don't understand the whole 'with us or against us' mentality.

Because it's an easy way to end any sort of debate. Just like "What? do you hate freedom?" when any sort of outlandish patriot act nonsense was brought up.

Ex: "I don't think kids should have McDonalds for 3 meals a day"
"What do you hate capitalism and America?"

or my favorite (when someone stand up for his rights):

"what are you some sort of Constitutionalist?"

3:45 "what's wrong with you? are you some kind of Constitutionalist?"

My service at McDonald's was the same as pretty much everywhere else; from what I remember.
If cops act like dicks because they are not paid well, then why aren't they all dicks?
The ones that are dicks are dicks because they are dicks! And.....they F it up for all the other great cops out there.

That being said, I can't imagine what would happen to me if I refused to show identification. In order for nothing to happen to me, I would have been kissing that cops ass and then go home and teach my son (again and again) why he has to kiss a cops ass. To hell with the law, just stay alive.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is leaning political.

or my favorite (when someone stand up for his rights):

"what are you some sort of Constitutionalist?"

3:45 "what's wrong with you? are you some kind of Constitutionalist?"

Wow - just amazes me how the civilian can get away with that without a beat down, or being tased, or shot. INCREDIBLE.

The ones that are dicks are dicks because they are dicks! And.....they F it up for all the other great cops out there.
So true. It's not like we mean all cops, just those that are doing wrong. They act like we're anti-American, when we're just trying to honestly figure out why cops that are in the wrong legally aren't held accountable for their mistakes. They're humans, of course they are. All humans make mistakes. They should be held accountable just like everyone else.

People should always question authority. If people in authority can't respond with the correct answer, respond that they don't know but will find the correct answer, and/or respond with a cool, clear attitude, then they shouldn't be in a position of power.

If we get to the point as a society where we can't question authority, we've lost our rights.

How it should go:

unless im allowed to walk up to a police officer and do the same with his gun and then arrest him if he happens to be in some violation of some law...

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back