You guys have me frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubbles22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so I never intend to go pro...at all! I love this hobby and I love taking great photos. On a scale of knowledge 1 being small and 20 being knowing everything I'm at about a 1.5. That is it. I love learning it. However, I hate seeing people that pick up a camera and then start charging people for their photo's. Oh my word! I have a friend I just did some shots of her girls because she brought them to someone and they were awful. She made her little girls look dead. (They are babies.) I know we all want to take great out of camera shots but come on use a little post processing so they don't look so mottled. Not to mention she uses her on the camera flash it looked horrible. One more...she used selective coloring and made the baby black and white and made a blanket pink. This is a sleeping newborn. Needless to say it looks like she is taking a photo of a dead baby not a sleeping one. AARRGG!!! She lucky didn't charge my friend because she wants to use them on her website but she has them on her website. Goodness I hope nobody ever pays her.
Sorry, but I know I shouldn't complain but come on people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a critical care RN and even if you got your degree doesn't you know what your doing. It is called orientation etc. Just like photography. You pros have got to get more than annoyed!
I read all your critiques to everyone and I find myself being exceptionally hard on myself but I find myself doing it to others as well. It is now hard to look at photos done by "pros." Thanks guys

Last edited:
The Beginner's forum is not an appropriate forum for this topic.

I am moving it to the Photographic Discussions forum.

Please read the forum descriptions to ensure you start a thread in the appropriate forum.

Caveate Emptor - Buyer Beware, is how a consumer avoids being ripped off.

Unfortunately, since the DSLR explosion, the number of fauxtographers charging for the services has skyrocketed.

Believe it or not.. your work is better than most of the MWAC Pro's out there... so don't feel too bad! ;)

This happens too often. Someone buys a digital camera and not necessarily a DSLR, starts producing better pictures than they had anticipated and think they are pros that can charge for their services. This happens in other fields also besides photography. This has been discussed before and I believe it irritates most of us but as long as it is not directly affecting us it's nothing to lose sleep over.

Jerry

So there is someone out there taking bad picture and saying they are professional. This is a first for me. They must be stopped!

This is not a function of the noob with a camera, it is a function of hanging out with people who have absolutely no taste whatsoever in photography. To those for whom a point and shoot is a complicated camera, someone who can get a "Blurry Background" and still be able to sort of make out the subject with a little effort is automatically elevated to "Professional" level.

By the way, it annoys the hell out of me to.

I don't blame the fauxtographer so much as I blame the ****ing brain damaged friends who wouldn't know pro work if it punched them in the face.Giving such bad advice should be criminal.

It's important to remember that the vast number of these will do and aim to supply little more than a few £ for their pocket and wont' likely sell to people from far outside their friends circle anyway. They'll charge little, deliver little, but will service the very cheap end of the market which is hard or impossible for a regular photography company to service whilst retaining a healthy working business (massive chainstore type setups might be able to service the ultra cheap with the photobooths and the like, but that is quite beyond your average photography company to go down that path).

Plus remember just because someone has a website and a "pay me" button does not mean that they earn anything off it.

Ever watch American Idol? I only watch the auditions In the beginning. It's very entertaining to watch people who have heard from family/friends that they have talent when in reality they're tone deaf and awful. Same thing hear. Time will tell, no need to be upset.

Power to the people who can sell their work, good or bad....the word PRO does not necessarily define good or even tasteful. ;)

Unless your target market is people who 1. don't want to pay anything/much and 2. don't recognize good work, I wouldn't worry about it.

This again.

This place is getting soooo boring.

Same old, same old.

Carry on!

Okay so I never intend to go pro...at all! I love this hobby and I love taking great photos. On a scale of knowledge 1 being small and 20 being knowing everything I'm at about a 1.5. That is it. I love learning it. However, I hate seeing people that pick up a camera and then start charging people for their photo's. Oh my word! I have a friend I just did some shots of her girls because she brought them to someone and they were awful. She made her little girls look dead. (They are babies.) I know we all want to take great out of camera shots but come on use a little post processing so they don't look so mottled. Not to mention she uses her on the camera flash it looked horrible. One more...she used selective coloring and made the baby black and white and made a blanket pink. This is a sleeping newborn. Needless to say it looks like she is taking a photo of a dead baby not a sleeping one. AARRGG!!! She lucky didn't charge my friend because she wants to use them on her website but she has them on her website. Goodness I hope nobody ever pays her.
Sorry, but I know I shouldn't complain but come on people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a critical care RN and even if you got your degree doesn't you know what your doing. It is called orientation etc. Just like photography. You pros have got to get more than annoyed!
I read all your critiques to everyone and I find myself being exceptionally hard on myself but I find myself doing it to others as well. It is now hard to look at photos done by "pros." Thanks guys

And when "us pros" get annoyed and start to call out all these amateurs, we get dumped on by all the other amateurs. Just so you know, I stopped getting annoyed, or making any comments in regards to these camera owners that add photographer or photography after their name and start calling themselves professionals, or semi-professionals. It has become a pointless exercise, as it will never change, it will only get worse.

So there is someone out there taking bad picture and saying they are professional. This is a first for me. They must be stopped!
LOL, it isn't someone that I'm frustrated. But that fact that I now look at people like that. Now I care...lol. I get frustrated and I'm not even trying to get business.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back