You know you are addicted to photography when...

When you are sitting somewhere and, think the whole scene wouldnt make a good pic or, would.

Man why am I not surprised. Call me crazy but my year 8 biology teacher seemed to think the brightness we see was more of an aperture type thing possibly something to do with the iris.

That's only part of the story. Having two types of photoreceptors that differ in light sensitivity, photoreceptor adaptation, and light dependent inhibition (which is a bit like tone mapping) are other mechanisms that adjust the eye's response to light.

When I have nothing better to do and I grab a camera and take make believe shots.

To answer the OP's question, the eye is essentially auto ISO. However.... When in pitch black for long periods of time, the eye is capable of detecting single photons. Impressive piece of kit, the eye! :D

(For guys)
You turn on the the TV and you see project runway is on. You watch the whole hour and observe intensly during the photoshots to see what camera+lens they use, what light boxes, and what kind of pocket wizzards.

Sad, but true.

The eye is amaaazing.

it can percieve split second into the future. Yes and it has a built in filter that filters out microscopic stuff that is squirming around in front of your eye. If it didnt do that yous see spaghetti monsters everywhere you looked.

There are numerous more things.
Know whats really weird, everything we see is upside down and then converted somewhere in there.

the way its integrated into out brains is just nuts.

Dont take it for granted. My younger brother was born blind. When you research some of how it does what it does, you just cant fathom the design. Its ingenious.

(For guys)
You turn on the the TV and you see project runway is on. You watch the whole hour and observe intensly during the photoshots to see what camera+lens they use, what light boxes, and what kind of pocket wizzards.

Project Runway or America's Next Top Model?

I got hooked on ANTM because of the crazy photoshoots they do.

Most reactions

Back