You light up my life

EJBPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this silhouette and maybe inspire everyone to go out around sunset and try one. They're a lot of fun. This is a new dad and his 3 month old baby boy. It was so fun to see them interacting. Thanks so much for looking! :)

400, 1/800, f/8 on my 50mm

4tiu3wg.png

That is amaaaazing. I LOVE it. What kind of lens did you use?? Flash?

I imagine your used Photoshop to sharpen the edges?

Thanks everyone :) I used my 50mm, that was all. I just made sure the sun was completely behind him and looked to make sure he was a black silhouette. All I used photoshop for was deepening the colors of the sky. I also did darken the image by like -30, but if you know photoshop, you know thats not too much. I did zero sharpening.

Thanks so much for looking to everyone who commented so far! :)

What a beautiful sihouette! I really like this one :)

Yes, Erin, this IS inspiring!
As far as I remember, I have NEVER done any silhouettes-against-the-setting-sun-photos ever at all! :shock:

This scene is very endearing, too!

LaFoto it's easy, just forget to compensate against a light background and volah ;)

EJBPhoto I'm not sure if it was your intent to saturate the red channel so much it went yellow (because this is often a mistake and not an "effect" ;) ) but you did it beautifully. I normally hate overphotoshopped images, but in this case this almost Nuclear sunset looks fantastic.

Beautiful shot! My first reaction to seeing it was pure emotion. Simple and sweet!

Thanks so much everyone :)

Garbz,, I am no photoshop newbie. I knew what I was doing :) Just slid a few colors to different ends really just looking for what was most pleasing to my eye although not going into it saying I want to do this, or I want to do that. Thanks for commenting!

Wow, that's a such a beautiful photo! It captures the pure joy of the new father... it's very emotional. Wonderful job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back