You Never Know C&C....

Lucky13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just some random pictures i finally took off my memory card.. nothing great but are mine ever really lol...let me know what i can do to improve photos thanks so much

Hands.jpg

this one i took at night as you can tell and i think my whole thing was being stuck tryin to get out but cant?

self4.jpg

Just Another Face...

vfw11.jpg

can someone tell me what i was doing wrong on this one to make the water look well blurish maybe is what im tryin to say?

stairs3.jpg

something about this that i really liked i took alot but as you can see the sun was just coming up so this was the best one that wasnt totally messed up..i myself kinda liked the way the sun did that but i know nothing really about photography i just snap pictures...

The main issue common to all of these images is some degree of over-exposure. Reveiew your camera's manual for more detail on metering modes and spend some time practicing.

You Never Know...

Well... sometimes you do.

If you really want to develop your craft, spend some time with learning to "see light." Learn about ratios, direction, quality and schemes. Then you will be ready to better communicate in your images what you see in your "mind's eye."

-Pete

If it hasn't been recommended before, let me recommend the default TPF book on learning to be a photographer. "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. You can find it on Amazon, and I would imagine your local public library likely has a copy as well.

You have a good eye for composition. You have some interesting perspectives and I like it.

For #3, what was your setup like? In order to blur the water, you need to do several things. The most important is get a slow shutter speed, you might have to play around but the sweet spot for water could be anywhere between 1/2sec down to 2 or 3sec. In order to get that slow, you need to be on a tripod, no exceptions, lol. Put your ISO as low as it will go and stop down your aperture until you can get a proper exposure at one of the slow shutter speeds. If you're trying this in bright light, (which this looks like) it's going to be impossible to get a proper exposure with a slow shutter. Even at ISO 100, and f/22 (probably smallest aperture available) you probably won't be able to get much slower than about 1/60, which is way to fast for this.

In order to get that slow shutter speed, you need to do one of two things (or both!). First, you could wait until it's darker outside. Twilight is perfect for this type of photography. Right before or after sunrise/sunset, you should be able to get a slower shutter speed to do this. The other thing you could do is get a Neutral Density (ND) filter. In bright sunlight, you'd likely need between a 6 and 8 stop ND fliter to get the slow speeds you need.

I hope that helps a bit.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
yea the first one was at night and the others were mid morning or mid afternoon...i do thank you for the thoughts on bettering my pictures without being hateful lol

Most reactions

Back