You opinion

Welcome to the forum.

You will get more comments if you actually post the images in the forum. You will need to host them on a site that allows hotlinking, like Photobucket.

Also, the critique forum is meant for posting one image at a time...so that it can be properly critiqued. Groups of images should go into the general gallery or one of the topic galleries.

O ok ! How can i post attachements like some people do then ?

You made a link, rather than inserting the image...

River10.jpg

what i like: I like your use of foreground to create the illusion of depth.... I like the subject matter and the look of the water..

What Im not sure of: that light coming in from the upper left. Not sure what if anything could be done to tone it down a bit but I think I would have liked the shot better if it had been.

This is one of those images that would have REALLY hard to capture due to the lighting.
So what do I think? First and foremost, the most important thing I think is:
Get you work the heck OFF of MySpace is a start. MySpaces TOS reads---
"you hereby grant to MySpace.com a non-exclusive, fully-paid and royalty-free, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicensees) to use, copy, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content on and through the Services."
Run and Run V E RY fast. Besides, your work deserves to be on a better place where this isn't gobley-gook posted all around it. You would be much better off at a place like deviantArt or SmugMug, something along those lines. Heck, check out zoto.com its free and they give you 2 gigs, or Flickr
Ok on to the image:
You have issues of under exposure and over exposure here. As I said a difficult capture. One that would challenge even the most experienced photogs. One way to take a shot like this on s to bracket in 3 steps. Your camera SHOULD have a setting to take automatic brackets. After doing that, you would have to digitally blend all 3 shots.
Now don't get me wrong, I do like it, and a lot at that. It has a nice, peaceful, quality to it. Quite the relaxing image actually. It has quite a few things going for it, your clarity is nice, and you didn't overdo the saturation, which is a BIG plus in my book. The background in the water is quite nice also, excellent highlights. It is also nicely focused.
Suggestions---hmmmm a couple of things.
You can try burning in the leaves a tad and dodging the rocks in the foreground. Or you can take the whole shot down with curves about 2 stops, and then run a DRI or a contrast make on it and see how that looks and if that helps.
Now I know I probably should have asked you first before I did this, but I couldn't help myself. I was curious to see what dropping the curves down, and running a Dynamic Range Increase would do. The rocks in the foreground I dodged just reallly quick to show ya an example. This is just a really fast and far from exact image, but an FYI for educational purposes.
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7228/river10bwd4.jpg
I was able to recover some of the details in the leaves also.

KKart.....personally you did a very nice down and dirty job.....and the instructions offered are very helpful. I learned to bracket my shots when there is a dramatic difference in lighting. :)

Most reactions

Back