You patient, patient birdwatchers

I not up on my birds, I think of sparrows as plain birds, not cute like that one.

I don't think I have the patience :lol:

I put out a bunch of seed & nuts today because it is nice and sunny and snowy and I was hoping to get a feathered visitor to shoot, but nothing, not even a squirrel!

I've been watching for about 3 hours now.

How do you patient people do it? ;)

3 WHOLE hours....... :lol: You need to have feeders out for a while (undisturbed) to allow time for the birds to find them and get comfortable returning..... & I've stalked my feeders for entire weekends just to get a few decent shots.

Red-bellied WP
red-belliedWP2.jpg

Tufted Titmouse
tuftedtitmouse.jpg

White-throated Sparrow
White-throatedsparrow.jpg

White-breasted Nuthatch
birdwbn.jpg

3 WHOLE hours....... :lol:

Nooo, you don't get it. Usually I put the seed out and they come from far and wide, but it's like they knew I had the darn camera ready. :p

Not even a darn squirrel, and they are everywhere!

Love your pics :)

Why doesn't the red bellied woodpecker have a red belly? ;)

Nooo, you don't get it. Usually I put the seed out and they come from far and wide, but it's like they knew I had the darn camera ready. :p

Not even a darn squirrel, and they are everywhere!

Oh, yes...I DO get it...Birds are great for this!! You could put out a chair, and sit with a cup of coffee, and they will be all over the place...as soon as the camera comes out....poof...gone :p :lol:. As your title suggests.....tons of patience. They need to get used to you and the camera. A lot of times I will leave the camera in place and go back in the house for a bit. I do have some of the birds so used to me that I can set up the tripod & rig within 10' - 15' of the feeder, and they will still come around...with no blind.

Love your pics :)

Thanks...

Why doesn't the red bellied woodpecker have a red belly? ;)

Female. If you get into bird watching/photography, there are a lot of good books out there, but this is always the first one I recommend....

Amazon.com: The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America (9780679451204): David Allen Sibley, Rick Cech: Books

Amazon.com: The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Western North America (9780679451211): David Allen Sibley: Books

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back