You really can find everthing on the internet. .

Scatterbrained

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wow. Ok. So I remember a while back someone posted links to flashlight forums and I thought that was a bit ridiculous. Entire forums dedicated to flashlights? Really? But today while price shopping a razor I came across a shaving forum. Apparently there are a lot of them. Seriously. Shaving. I don't know, it's a bit dumbfounding to be honest. Shaving to me is like showering, I do it every day because I have to, but I couldn't imagine seeking out other people to gather and discuss showering products and techniques with.:048: Then again, maybe our discussions here aren't really any different. . . . . . . . .

I know there are people who collect fancy razors, but yeah... I'm with you. It's something I do because I "have" to... and it gets all of about 3 minutes of my time each day (less if possible). Not really sure what there is to discuss... "Hey, Wal-mart's got Gilette razors on sale"?

Then again, maybe our discussions here aren't really any different. . . . . . . . .

LOL!

"You guys have an ENTIRE FORUM on just takin' pitchers?"

Scatterbrained said:
Wow. Ok. So I remember a while back someone posted links to flashlight forums and I thought that was a bit ridiculous. Entire forums dedicated to flashlights? Really? But today while price shopping a razor I came across a shaving forum. Apparently there are a lot of them. Seriously. Shaving. I don't know, it's a bit dumbfounding to be honest. Shaving to me is like showering, I do it every day because I have to, but I couldn't imagine seeking out other people to gather and discuss showering products and techniques with.:048: Then again, maybe our discussions here aren't really any different. . . . . . . . .

We used to have some shaving nuts on here a few years ago. Straight razor advocates. Loved their mugs with shaving soap and the various types of bristle brushes to create the lather. It's a hobby...one that has a daily, self-generating source of hobby "supplies"...fresh, new whiskers to shave off...

Must be a sharp bunch on that forum.

Maybe these guys are those oddball mustache enthusiasts with the goofy beards that look like stars with handlebars and the like?

Just about every illness imaginable has its own forum these days.

So I have a few conditions.......

I know there are people who collect fancy razors, but yeah... I'm with you. It's something I do because I "have" to... and it gets all of about 3 minutes of my time each day (less if possible). Not really sure what there is to discuss... "Hey, Wal-mart's got Gilette razors on sale"?
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a bit of luxury in my day to day. I've spent the money on a nice razor and shaving kit, but I don't see it as something worth celebrating. Not any more than a nice shower head or some quality pots and pans are exciting enough to start a forum about. Can you imagine if there was a shower forum? (I don't mean the bathroom remodeling forums either) People arguing over different lathering techniques; over whether or not bar soap was better than liquid soap? :confused-55::biglaugh::boggled:

Shaving is an art.

If you are a person that is plagued with hair you intend to remove and are using some 5 bladed atrocity and green shaving goop instead of shaving soap, a brush and a Double Edge safety razor, you truly are missing out.

Shower heads are probably a regular topic on home improvement forums... As are state of the art crappers.

Bar soap IS better than liquid soap! What are you talking about? Everybody knows that! Most liquid soaps have a Bubble-fun Mark Score of 40 or less, on average, while bar soaps have a Bubble-fun Mark score of 70 to 80, on average. Jeeeze!

Bar soap IS better than liquid soap! What are you talking about? Everybody knows that! Most liquid soaps have a Bubble-fun Mark Score of 40 or less, on average, while bar soaps have a Bubble-fun Mark score of 70 to 80, on average. Jeeeze!
Everyone knows bubble fun scores are meaningless. Just look at their website. Their number one sponsor is "Bar Soap Producers Coalition of America". Clearly they're biased. Besides, they only measure the lather rate with pure, r.o. filtered water. Most peoples tap water is much harder than what they test with, which is why liquid soap works so much better in real world lathering conditions.

Ohhhhhh, you tap water people....

I can't even imagine shaving, much less spending time on a forum about it. What's next, a toenail clipping forum?

Stop with your pro Dove and anti-Nivea rhetoric!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back