You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

frommrstomommy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trading "services" with a local photographer soon! We need a new family photo.. so I put it out there and found someone interested! Anyone done this before?

ShooterJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Trade is nice in a lot of fields. If both parties get value from it then who can argue? :)

Good luck with it.

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Trading "services" with a local photographer soon! We need a new family photo.. so I put it out there and found someone interested! Anyone done this before?

Just don't be disappointed if the work is less than stellar. Most photographers I know that are worth trading with, don't trade! Good luck with it! Post them if you can!

OP
frommrstomommy

frommrstomommy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

Just don't be disappointed if the work is less than stellar. Most photographers I know that are worth trading with, don't trade! Good luck with it! Post them if you can!

Is everything you comment negative? lol.. I am sure you all would nitpick her work to death just as you would mine.

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

Is everything you comment negative? lol.. I am sure you all would nitpick her work to death just as you would mine.

Just stating the obvious, obviously! But if you would prefer, I can refrain from commenting in your threads in the future. Please let me know! :)

OP
frommrstomommy

frommrstomommy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

Just stating the obvious, obviously! But if you would prefer, I can refrain from commenting in your threads in the future. Please let me know! :)

I was just asking the obvious, obviously! Seriously though.. you evaded the question too. No need to get cranky. I am a positive person most the time, and I can't help but notice you don't often have nice things to say. You are welcome to comment as you like on my threads, I was just legitimately asking.

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

I was just asking the obvious, obviously! Seriously though.. you evaded the question too. No need to get cranky. I am a positive person most the time, and I can't help but notice you don't often have nice things to say. You are welcome to comment as you like on my threads, I was just legitimately asking.

No problem, no offense taken! I am somewhat cynical, as you may have noticed. I do try to be honest, and usually helpful with any comments I make about images... Although I do not always take the trouble to coddle and sugar coat like some do. Possibly that makes me negative... and possibly a bad person. And then again.. perhaps not! ;)

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I dont think charlie is bad or he would have released his 40 pound jumping spider.:lol:

OP
frommrstomommy

frommrstomommy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

No problem, no offense taken! I am somewhat cynical, as you may have noticed. I do try to be honest, and usually helpful with any comments I make about images... Although I do not always take the trouble to coddle and sugar coat like some do. Possibly that makes me negative... and possibly a bad person. And then again.. perhaps not! ;)

Well, I can appreciate honesty surely.

As a side, random, before I never think to mention this. My husband and I have a TON of nicknames for our son Jordan.. one of which is gibson.. often gibs or gibby.. gibbo even! I don't have a clue where the heck we adopted that one from.. but yup. lol

OP
frommrstomommy

frommrstomommy

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I also just realized your username is giPson. holy cow. lol I'm going to bed.

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good question.:shock:

Light Guru

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

I think you were given a vary valid response.

ShooterJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
What's so unusual about negative comments on a photography forum?

*snickers* :D get it?

Sorry ... I'll stop now...

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
I'm confused; aren't you a photographer? :raisedbrow: I could see saying, "We need a new sun-deck built so we're trading services with a contractor..." In answer to your question, yes I have on occasion. Usually works well enough.

Most reactions

New Topics