You won't see me for a while.

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
I don't know how many of you play computer games. I do now and again (not as much as I used to). This is more of a rant.

On 22nd August I ordered GTA: San Andreas from Amazon.co.uk. The game (after delays) was meant to come out in the UK on 29th October (Friday). For the last week Amazon has been telling me I'd be getting it between 2nd and 4th November. That's a pain in the arse, but understandable. It's a popular game, maybe others ordered it before me. On Friday I read over at neoseeker.com (a place where you can get help on games, I've been floating around the GTA forum reading what others have been saying about it) that some people who ordered it on Monday received theirs on Friday. I was disappointed in Amazon. I'd ordered mine two months before them and would be getting it after them. But so what, it still said 2nd-4th so I was happy.
This morning the delivery date changed to 21st-23rd November. Suddenly, with no warning, I'd have to wait almost three weeks longer. That is unacceptable. I sent them an e-mail saying that I wasn't happy. I looked through a few websites, they were all either sold out or didn't stock it. Then, after trying to find a different site, I found gameplay.co.uk who said they had them in stock. I phoned them up, they said they had some and so I've ordered it. It will be posted in about an hour, first class. At Amazon it was £29.99, that is the only reason I ordered it there. That and I thought I'd get it on its release date when I ordered it. At this other site its £29.99 to, and 99p for first class delivery. I should get it by Tuesday, maybe even Monday. I've cancelled the Amazon order.

I'm happier now. But still pissed off with Amazon. :x

man that sucks! I bought the game for PS2 two days ago and I must say it's pretty damn fun. Be ready for a TON of swearing though :lmao:

hope everything works out for ya though!

Artemis said:
LMAO! 16 and im a dad....ohh crap...Ive barely kissed a girl...how I get em pregnant?
Go to you local allotment and hunt around the cabbage patches. That's what I was taught anyway.

I've never had a problem with them before. Everything has arrived on time and on its release date before. It's also cheaper than a lot of other places.

They just really messed up this time.

Amazon delivery dates are pure fiction. I ordered a book for my mums birthday to be delivered on the day, gift wrapped and the works. It arrived almost a week late. Don't trust them! If I want preordered games these days I use Play.com

It just arrived. Woohoo! :mrgreen:

I'll play it for a while until I have to go to thje dentist.

Most reactions

Back