Young Dalmatian

Bibos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello again :)

This time I would love to get some critique for the following photo of the young dalmatian of a friend of mine. She asked me to take some photos where he'd be 'smiling'.

I guess I didn't catch him smiling but I do certainly like this photo, and so does she.

But i'm not sure about the big space on top of the dog, does it distract from the subject or does it help and add to the image? What else could be done better?

Bibos

dog.jpg

I think it's just the type of photo that would be printed on a sample sheet of a photo printer to show how detailed the printer could get and how accurate the colors are. It's vibrant with great colors, it's a good DoF IMO, and it's just a great shot... though the little piece of grass hanging out the dog's mouth is a bit distracting. Love it anyway! Great job

I love the dog's face - he looks terrific! :D

The background looks grossly oversaturated to me, almost to where the dog looks superimposed into the shot. Was this intentional?

You might even consider cropping out along the top, just to have more of an "in-your-face" kind of image, which this is certainly strong enough for. :thumbup:

I think he cooperated nicely, even if there's no "smile". Very nice capture!

i think a teeny crop might help it be more concentrated, but the DOF really helps with this, had everything been in focus, the background would be very distracting, but you did a good job! the color in the dogs eyes is amazing!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back