Young Snake

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not sure what kind this one is, but definitely interested in me and the camera. It allowed me to get right up in it's face!

BW Edit.jpg

Little Snake.jpg

Smiling Serpent.jpg

Pits on the side of the head in front of the eyes tell me keep my distance. Could be a young copper head.

Great dof use there.

I like your treatment of this subject.....

Pits on the side of the head in front of the eyes tell me keep my distance. Could be a young copper head.

Very nice up close shot! It's a Dekay's Brownsnake. Non-venemous.
Thanks all. It was about 9 or 10 inches, and the only markings were on the head. It’s body was a very light tan in color. It was very docile and content to just flick it’s tongue and watch me. After putting up with me for several minutes, it decided to leave pretty fast.

I’m probably just a little skittish right now, 10 inch copper head jumped out at my feet when I was getting some straw bales out of the shed last week. A wet your pants moment. Since then everything looks like one. :disillusionment:

But nice shots. Third one is as good as they get.

I’m probably just a little skittish right now, 10 inch copper head jumped out at my feet when I was getting some straw bales out of the shed last week. A wet your pants moment. Since then everything looks like one. :disillusionment:
I can certainly understand that reaction. I have had a couple close encounters with copperheads too.

But nice shots. Third one is as good as they get.
I almost stepped on a young cottonmouth not too long ago, so I get that. There's a pic of it around here somewhere.

Very nice shots, Dean, love the dof. What lens and aper for those shots? Looks like something my nifty-fifty would produce at around f/2.8.

Great shots. I really like the B&W version. As well as being monochrome I think the composition is the best.

Most reactions

Back