Youngster with a camera

CamAm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello from Amber!.. (and Mom)

I am 12 and got my first DSLR for Christmas! (thanks Mom!) I got a Nikon D40 with a few kit lenses and filters along with a tripod and access to mom's photoshop. I've read my "D40 field guide" front to back and just started my 3rd photography class. While mom says all of my pictures look amazing!.. I'm pretty sure she's required to say that, it's like a mom law. She doesn't think she has the knowledge or experience to help coach me in this venture, so here we are! Mom will be moderating my account but I get the final word in what gets posted! I hope to learn a lot here and can't wait to see what y'all think so far!
lEehFbEDkFrBxg5TPzzL5snTqmpVjL6xxokMqcqZa3HIXe52BDd_z9qiwnGBByTX1jnC1daQ1roQ0KhvIwlDGtBzz6bniD90dwPuLnKCIgDyFah4rMePULfyT4gEZcD9GZnFYxE1wpe9uv9LnGueRM5SyjVuoA5uh4yyPhQlVwuAKyPurHSwGtK3ur02JCBBUDoI-3ZoPmdCEXoxl8aCo56FosZRdbtsvZHQ9jWWcZ9UjNl4NBRO2fnJ4flAYqVrPHSOpIdzewskjdn9kUIofw5wu9KKi93s2WqxZqwsfovIKF9QMjvwu5zDBUUfK04zzfG9nni7g02xG9gJpSBegqPciRIAfPBfhKnYMdRrtKCQlq6zZrtYv-rr6TpLdK8mPWEAysxQIbRIiej1Nmc6s_79ChyppVIY74VJzi-NAxpJ4Orm77yGDJk6lapW4QrpKU2LnXQdoks9fP4WSq1LqzULvcnIjnGv4UnmQMOO8HiL-rYSzmNJvE7hwteOk6NTQSWS-pFyv1pHig0cYfmCcH9ZDrNqgNne00yoS6BdPkUxLd78It4qz_aFAu7zuYbrMtKSmdDBKPxV2HnbZUe-8qDv02GKDKEtaWij1pnFBe5Sm8MFNnu8=w914-h706-no

Last edited:
Welcome, great 1st post and photo. Lots to learn on here, if you are willing. Some amazing photogs in all the different genres of photography. Chevy also looks cool, and I'm sure we'll being seeing more of him as well.

Was this a 'selfie', or did mom take it?

Image not visible to me. Did you post it?

Did Amber take the photo, or was it someone else?

Welcome to TPF! I've shot the D40 a fair bit, and really do like it as a camera. It can accept a LOT of Nikon mount lenses, even older, pre-Ai manual focus lenses, so some of those $20 and $30 lenses from KEH.com in the "pre-Ai or non-Ai" category can be used on the D40.

Enoy the photo life! (BTW, your photos here, and the ones in your other post are not showing up for me.)

The picture of me and Chevy was taken by mom. I'll be posting a few of him that I took myself soon. I don't know why my pictures aren't showing up now. On the computer I can still see them. But on the phone app they are gone. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I'm guessing they are still in your cache, they don't show on my home computer either, I saw them shortly after you posted them at work. There should be a thread somewhere in welcome forum about posting pictures, or links. I normally upload the files directly to a thread, after reducing the longest edge of the picture to 1000 pixels.

Good time to join the group, welcome! Great to hear you are starting your third photography course. Have fun.

To add a picture I will either drag the file into the window I am typing in, or I will grab the BBC code from Flickr and paste that into the Link.

I see it. (Edit - The first one I mean.)Tell your mom the picture makes me smile.

And if you've already taken three photography classes, sounds like you've taken the ball and run with it. Go girl!

Thank you everyone! And mom is thrilled yall like her picture, she might start an account too. She says she will get on here and try to figure out the picture problem more tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

New Topics

Back