Your all time favortie lens

ilockert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IF you had to say one lens was your favorite which would it be?

I think mines becoming my 50 1.8.

But if i pick up a 80-200 2.8 I have a feeling that will be 1st.

I don't have many yet, but so far it's a Nikkor 70-300 VR. The wife wants a 18-200 VR, which will probably become my fav.

My favorite lens was a Nikon 500mm f5 catidioptric (mirror). About 10 inches long and 5 inches in diameter for the whole length. The 5" front lens had a 2" mirror in the center. Really sorry I sold it just to have around. Not a really useful lens but it was so dang impressive looking. With that lens on the camera you just looked pro and got admittance into places without a pass.

Problems was the lack of contrast and dealing with fixed aperature. By contrast I mean that taking a picture of a small white object in a largely green area, the white would take on a green tone.

I only have three lenses, so I don't know that my opinion means much; but my favorite right now is my "Canon 50mm f/1.8". It pretty much stays on my camera most of the time.

By rights, my favorite should be the "Canon 70-200mm f/4L USM" I just bought as it's certainly a better lens. But it's slow enough that a tripod is mandatory which means that there are a lot of times that it's just not going to be a good choice.

Of course, I hope to get a good 35mm lens sometime next year and I imagine that it will be my new favorite.

My favorite lens that I've ever used is the "Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM IS" which lets you shoot hand-held at the wide end in reasonably good light. It's a monster, though, and way outside of my foreseeable budget for the next several years.

I'm not sure I've settled on a favourite lens with the 350D, though the 60mm macro is likely to be prime candidate (sorry, bad pun, couldn't resist). Going back though to my 35mm days and the old A1s I had, it would without doubt have been my Tamron 24mm Adaptall II or was it the 90mm, decisions, decisions...

my AF 50mm f/1.4D is my first choice, I have the 50 f/1.4 AiS version but the AFD is better.
then, more and more lenses... ;)

Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS its a "WOW" lens

Depends on the camera... I gotta tell ya, the Voigtlaender Nokton 35mm is pretty good on the R-D1.

But yeah, Nocti ftw on the M8.

Pentax SMCP-FA 50mm f/1.4

Most reactions

Back