Your Best PhotoSharing site

Daniele_Federico

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hi all
just wondering which photo-sharing web site do you prefer to promote your work.
Ok, flickr is the best known ever, but there are a lot of more professional site to use. But, which does it worth?
I already tried photobucket and Picasa, and I’m to manage a new account on pbase.com

What about your personal experience? Did get any advantages registering and using one of these photo sharing sites?

Did you try doing a search? This question comes up often enough... especially in the beginner's section.

Welcome to TPF.

Thx for the welcoming.

I already know sites like:
Photography community, including forums, reviews, and galleries from Photo.net
pbase.com/
smugmug.com/
ipernity.com/
picasa
flickr
devianart
Photo Reflect
ImageEvent- Share photos, videos, documents online. Create albums. Image hosting. Order prints.

But there is a fact: nobody have so much time to try all of these.

Discussion forum are the places were everyone can share information that worth, and I'm interested in everybody experience about photo-sites.

i post all my stuff in my multiply site

never got around using my Flickr yet :p

maybe i will when i have awesome stuff to share D:

I have tried the following for various periods of time and in the following order :
flickr, deviantart, picasa, smugmug, bluemelon.

I have stayed with deviantart even after they updated the website - which was a hard time for its users. Deviant deserves to be in a special category :) Definitely have a look at it - I do not like some of the (main)streams but the site is great and many people there as well.

From the others, I like bluemelon the most. First I liked picasa because of my google account and the service's simplicity. I did not really like flickr because of the limitations for the free accounts but otherwise it is fine (I still prefer picasa to flickr anyway). I did like smugmug which is better to present than picasa but it may prove to be somewhat expensive for some. Then I found bluemelon which is even easier to use than picasa and even better than smugmug, so it won really easily. What I like is that bluemelon can be used for storing, sharing as well as professional presentation.

That much to my experience with those. I hope it helps someone find the one :) ( try DA anyway after you have chosen something else ;) )

well it may sound like a lot of work but, why not create your own website and try to promote it like that? True it is easier by a long shot to just post them up on flicker or something, but you get to be more creative with your own website.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back