Your biggest challenge?

neea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since getting my digital camera weeks ago I've been able to add a ton of pictures I've been waiting to get to my collection. However... There is a handful that I just can't seem to get.
The biggest right now is lightning... how on earth is this done? I mean.. I get the technical stuff but mine just dont turn out at all. Last week we had a lightning storm nearly every night and I don't have a single shot that's worth anything.
The moon.. it's looked so incredible when coming up the last few nights but again.. just can't seem to get it. I was having huge problems getting the detail of the moon and being able to see the tree lines and power poles at the same time. And then of course the last two nights when it's looked more fantastic than I've ever seen before... I've been driving to work and had no time to stop.

Anyone else have pictures they've tried and tried to get and just couldnt?

Grr I'm so frusterated!

Every challenge I seem to face ive been able to over come. I havent tried it yet but I want to be able to produce such a tack-sharp image to see individual bullets flying through the air out of an A-10. Ive seen a few photos that achieved it. When I get the chance again I will try it. Here is a photo of an A-10 I took early this year.

A_10_Air_Power_by_redkorn.jpg

Night photography can be fun, A tripod is a must! Cable release and mirror lock up mode may help ya out, but with lightning timing is everything. I like slow moving targets, lol. Here is a self-portrait with the Aurora I took last year.

Aurora_and_me_by_redkorn.jpg

Wow. When you achieve the task of the flying bulletts.. Please let me know.
Just got a new gun yesterday and it'd be fun to merge the two joys of 'shooting' (heh.. pun totally intended) together.

The A-10 rounds in flight is a real test of photographic skill! The only advantage you might have is it's a BIG round, 20mm. The down side, it's a very fast round, and 3000 a min. generates a lot of muzzle blast and powder smoke. That's got to be one of the hardest shots to get I can think of. Would it not require a static plane and some serious lighting challenges?

I agree, very cool Warthog shot.

Looking forward to seeing it with a bullet being shot, very very tricky shot indeed. I'm still struggling on getting tack sharp images where the subject is moving.

My biggest challenge is being creative. I'm bored to tears of the run of the mill shots that I have seen everywhere. It's a real challenge to make unique photographs.

The technical side is much easier. It can usually be solved with Google, the photo forum or Visa.

Ohh wow, thank you. :)

I haven't been doing this for very long, I picked up my first DSLR a little more then a year ago. There are people here who are much better at this then me. But I can tell you some things I picked up.

Shoot as much as possible. You will learn from your mistakes faster.

Learn about composition as much as possible. I thihnk it's much more important then the technical stuff. Study photographs that you like, notice how things are arranged and where the light/dark contrast, sharpness is. I would recommend Bryan Peterson's"Learning to see Creatively" for starters.

Try to show the world in a different way then people are used to. In my opinion great art is breaking a pattern of familiarity without straying to far away from it.

Most reactions

Back