Your chance to help me

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay I know how to shoot a usable picture for this project, I think. I know how to process the film. I know how to prep it for production... I even know where to get it produced.

What I don't know is what to shoot. I'm going to make at least one Valentine card this year. I might or might not make more than one copy of the same one or I might make two or three different ones.

So here are the parameters.... Given the reluctance of the rest of the driving public to have me on the road, I have to shoot it within five miles of my house... I would prefer to shoot a still life but alas I have no idea what to shoot.

Not a clue even....

Let's keep it to a still life to make it challenging. All ideas well be given consideration. YOU do not have to shoot it just suggest the subject...

And as an incentive...the winner does NOT get one of my homemade cameras. You will however recieve my gratitude. Put on your thinking caps TPF participants and let me know this week....

It doesn't matter but just for your information I tend to do contradictory still life. A nice flower stuffed into a rusty can kind of thing. But don't let that influence you.

Well, what's within a 5 mile radius of your house that would make good subject matter? A lake? Playground? Junk yard? Hard to give you some good ideas when I don't know what's around....

I like your still lifes, the ones you do at your own house.

Can you say sexy photo shoot? ;)

Seriously, though, I don't know. Valentine's Day...comes once a year... romance...loooove...cupid...uhh. :confused:

I'm going to make at least one Valentine card this year. I might or might not make more than one copy of the same one or I might make two or three different ones.
How many sweeties you got?

Awright, awright, I'm thinkin'.

What about a pic of the person you're giving the card to, or you, or both?

What about doing a still life of those little heart shaped candies that have the little messages like "Be my Valentine" or "kiss me" on them? You could do them in a bowl or just placed on a piece of paper.

I think valentines day was created by Hallmark cards. At any rate; throw away your first instinct. Flowers, puppy dogs and those damned candy hearts are cute and certainly effective. This year dig deeper. Consider love and the love of your life. May be that represents a sunrise or rain. Maybe it represents a circle like a wedding ring. Maybe it represents one of your cameras. He he.

Well EB had my idea! I was thinking the same thing. Anyways, I look forward to your final product.

No, not me! I should say I look forward to seeing his final product!!!! Of course thats if he chooses to post it here.

Most reactions

Back