Your "Darn I missed it" moment?

the otherday we had a sweet sun set, unfortunatly its very treey and hilly where i live and hard to get a good view of the sun. well finally after trying different places i find this hill where i can see the sun setting and it was an amazing sun, the kind that is red as red can be, and it was distorted, looked very flat and elongated, so i put on my 200mm lens with a doubler and i pretty much had the sun filling up the view finder and i go to advance the film foward and half way though the lever stopped. i was at the end of the roll and in my haste to leave the room i had left all my film there thinking as i left, nah, ill only need 1 roll...

I was on my way to work a few months back and a hot air balloon was floating above the interstate. Not having my camera with me for that was bad enough but 30 minutes after I passed it made and emergency landing in the center median of the interstate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd missed it shot - couple of nights ago I was moving the grass and a big blue heron comes swooping into the backyard almost directly over my head!!!!

We were at the Indy 500 in 1990. A golf cart came cruising thru the infield where we were and it had about a dozen goons walking with it and all we could see of the cart's passenger seat occupant was a pair of shoes and ankles with no socks.

My buddy yelled "who's the Don Johnson looking big shot?", or words to that effect, and the passenger side occupant stood up and gave him the finger.

Yep. Don Johnson.

LWW

...too many moments

my son is now 11 months old and I have very limited pics of his "early" months.

Of course, to the non-photograhers around me, they think my 20 rolls are an insane amount ;)

but I still know I have missed documenting so much. :(

I had a really good shot of a squirrel on my mums film slr and it was perfect and held just long enough for me to take it, I pressed the shutter release only to realise I hadn't opens the shutter lever grrr :-x

I missed out on the most beautiful harvest moon the other night. It was full, huge and orange and was just comming out from behind a blue(dark purplish) cloud, because it had just rained. The sky was amazing. I was killing myself for not having my camera.

eromallagadnama said:
Just had one of those last night at the St. Louis Cardinals game...Edmonds caught an AMAZING catch, right after I had just finished taking a different shot and put my camera away since it was a few moments before time to leave :(

I missed some at baseball games too...though I got plenty of good ones of the Cardinals LOSING! Muwahahahahaha! (sorry, I'll stop now)

I couldn't pick just ONE shot that I missed that would have been awesome, but I can tell you my most recent!...er...show you, actually...we had the Barrel Races here in my town last weekend, and I stuck it out in the pouring rain and got tons of pics. At one point, I got was snapping away, got the picture right before the guy fell off....

116.jpg

and right after he fell off....

117.jpg

..but I DIDN'T get the one of him actually falling!!! GRRRRR! I was mad. :x

PhotoB said:
...too many moments

my son is now 11 months old and I have very limited pics of his "early" months.

Of course, to the non-photograhers around me, they think my 20 rolls are an insane amount ;)

but I still know I have missed documenting so much. :(

I've always said, when I have kids, they will be the most well documented children EVER. I have plans to do a semi formal portait every week for at least the first year, maybe longer, so later on in life, we can look back and literally watch him/her grow. :)

The first thing I do when I see a shot is shoot! Most of the time this gives me an unusable shot but at least I have something.

What really gets my goat is when I'm setting up for the second (proper) shot and the subject decides to move on - this happens far too often. :(

I think someone should invent a camera contact. All you have to do is blink the eye with the contact in it, then voila! a picture is taken. Nothing to carry around, and easy to use! Manual focus with your eye... it's perfect!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back