Your Dumb iPad Picture Taking Is Keeping Real Photographers From Doing Their Jobs

I think the photo used wasn't a good example. It's a campaign stop. People should be allowed to use whatever they want. If the press is getting their tighty-whitey's in a bunch, then perhaps in the future they ask the venues for a special area? I think sometimes we get so tunnel visioned that we forget 99.5% of the population are just trying to capture a moment, not to create art or join a photography forum and share. I know I'm kinda alone on this but it's a little snobbish to think everyone has to make a wide hole for us in every public setting don't ya think?

I was at PPE this year watching Doug Gordon talking about wedding poses at the Nikon booth. At least 3 people were holding up their iPads recording Doug and paying no attention to the people they were blocking. He was posing live models so it wasn't just Doug talking, there was something to see. It is rude and annoying but I just moved.

I've yet to run across an iPad at an actual wedding though.

oh, and I have asked a MWAiP why they use their iPad, instead of their cell phone. The answer I got was "the screen is bigger so I can see better", so most of the time it isn't because it's convenient, or whatever, it's because it's slightly easier for them to see what they're taking a photo of, and in the process making it harder for everybody else behind them to see.

wedding i shot during the summer had a lady taking photos with her ipad. she staid out my way so I really didn't care. but going thru the pics after and seeing her standing tehre with that big ipad in the pics it just looked a little silly. i see them being used more and more as im out and about.

ROTFLMFAO! My cheeks hurt!

Technology run amuck, and people having rude and annoying Id-10-T moments. :roll:

I have a dear friend who works at A........ and on the I........ When I asked him a question about the camera he indicated it was an embarrassment.
He is also a photographer :)

I think the answer to this is to hang from a bar daily so your arms stretch longer and you will be able to hold your P&S with a swivel screen higher than the Ipad holders.

Not sure if he is being serious. haha

Last edited:
Grow some cojones and work your way into the front of the IPADERS.

Last edited:
Grow some cojones and work your way into the front of the IPADERS.

I don't think cojones are required for that, after all, what's the average age of an iPader...12?

Can you see where you are going with your nose so high in the air?

99% of owners of these devices are dumb, vapid and vain creatures of consumption who care nothing of others

Yeah, probably not. Condemning someone for owning a product without knowing anything about them would be dumb and vapid.

I was at a military function when one of the retired Chief of Staff was giving a speech. Public Affairs wasn't there to take the pictures so some girl stands up in the middle of the crowd with a Ipad. I laughed so hard and out loud that everyone turned and looked at me. I think I was more embarrassed then she was.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back