Your Dumb iPad Picture Taking Is Keeping Real Photographers From Doing Their Jobs

Hmmm, I just checked out the article and my first thought upon looking at the photo was that it is a perfect, iconic image of this presidency. This POTUS won both elections on the back of modern technology and social media. From the very beginning he was always an image on an iPad or phone. That photo is 100% accurate.

I see this all the time in award ceremonies at my job or even while the students perform on stage and it can be obstructing to others watching and very annoying. I think a little point & shoot would be best all around but hey what can we do.

Last edited:
It's alright in my opinion. It's fun to use different types of cameras to take photos. I've used an Ipad (one the office bought about a year or so before they eliminated my position). I liked taking video with it as my 1000D does not have native video capabilities. I liked taking photos with the office Canon Elura 80 (and video obviously). I liked using the HP Slate to take photos as well. I've taken photos with an HTC Droid Eris and a couple other phones. I just like taking photos. Obviously my favorite is my 1000D but then, it's a camera. Sure, the other ones don't have the quality of my Canon but they still take photos and with the right subject, they do just fine.

Is it any wonder that your view, either as an event guest, or a pro hired to shoot the event, will inevitably get blocked by an iPhone or iPad thrust into the air by some ignorant moron?

I mean, it's not like real, down to earth normal people own these products is it...

99% of owners of these devices are dumb, vapid and vain creatures of consumption who care nothing of others (except that they 'like' them on flakebook, and admire their ability to purchase an overly expensive consumer product).

I would suggest that it's less about 'capturing' the moment and more about letting everyone know they have an iDevice...

I have just purchased (at a not inconsiderable expence) tickets to see Nel Young and Crazy Horse in concert early next year...Now, as i'm going, and have a 7D and 100-400, i thought it'd be nice to take it and snap a few pics...

But NO, i'm not allowed to take it as it's 'pro gear'...

Now, i'm telling you, if even one second of my enjoyment of the show is interrupted by some fuktard with their iDevice thrust up in front of my face, i'm going to break their fuking arm!

Do you have ulcers from carrying around that much anger?

Last edited:
Not to judge anyone, but here in Vancouver every day i see tourist taking pictures holding up their ipad.

Its not like the quality of the photo is good either, nor does it have auto-focus (might be wrong). The only time i use my ipads camera is for skype.

If you can purchase a 600 dollar ipad, i think you can go pick up a cheap p&s camera for about 100 dollars.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back