Your first ever photo and present day

shents

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey pro's, amateurs I thought I would post a thread for you to post your first pictures and present day ones , to compare and inspire and give us newbs something to aim for, aspire to

Also what can I learn from most? any help , tips on my first attempt , would be great ... Shents

All my first pics were taken with a sony cyber shot crap i know! I LIKED THESE YOU MAAAY NOT ha, The reason for buying a nikon d5100 is so
I dont miss out on great shots on my travel's

looking at them I see I missed bits, cut bits off didn't really think

I guess these would class as my first attempt? I shall also post my first pics with the nikon when I get it

ANY FEEDBACK ON THESE WOULD BE GREAT THINGS TO CONSIDER IN FUTURE?????????
India 2010

View attachment 29431View attachment 29432 $cds.JPG

Morocco 2011

View attachment 29433View attachment 29434

Amsterdam 2012

View attachment 29435

My first ever shots on nikon d5100, NO thrills, NO idea on settings..YET!

View attachment 31197

I shall post some after my beginners photography course to see if there is any improvement

Last edited:
Hey Shents; nice idea.... i am posting one among the oldest images i have taken, at least 20 years back, when i was using a very ordinary autofocus film camera of Rs: 450/= (nearly five dollar)
I cannot locate the date exactly because it is a lost and recovered image using recovery software. Seeing this image, you will think"O, twenty years are wasted; he now stands where he had begun" :lol:
Thank you for this thread :D

Hey Shents; nice idea.... i am posting one among the oldest images i have taken, at least 20 years back, when i was using a very ordinary autofocus film camera of Rs: 450/= (nearly five dollar)
I cannot locate the date exactly because it is a lost and recovered image using recovery software. Seeing this image, you will think"O, twenty years are wasted; he now stands where he had begun" :lol:
Thank you for this thread :D

HEY THANKS FOR POSTING WHERE WAS IT TAKEN?

I thought this would be a large thread. Maybe the holidays slowed it all down.

I thought this would be a large thread. Maybe the holidays slowed it all down.

Yes hopefully it will pick up, There are some talented people on here it would be great to see all how far they have come, Have a great christmas :)i'll have my cam after I think i'll end up with the d5100 hopefully its a good choice

Oh lordy, I don't think you want to see some of my early stuff. It is scary. I would slap on some actions, crank up the saturation, and I thought my pictures looked damn good!

Oh lordy, I don't think you want to see some of my early stuff. It is scary. I would slap on some actions, crank up the saturation, and I thought my pictures looked damn good!
Hahaha I think that is what mine will look like :) I haven'T started yet, I get my d5100 chrimbo then start a beginners photography course jan, So are you all in for a treat when I post my first ones :).. NOT

Hahaha I think that is what mine will look like :) I haven'y started yet, I get my d5100 chrimbo then start a beginners photography course jan, So are you all in for a treat when I post my first ones :) !

We all started somewhere, and I am sure all of us have some doozies!

I don't think I have any of the real early stuff. I might have something out of the 80s; I'll have to look around.

The shot of my son and some very tall fir trees was made in 2012, using an iPhone 4...sort of the box camera equivalent of the 21st century.$IMG_0060 copy_Proof.jpg

Here is an image I made with my very first camera!! A plastic box camera that used 620 rollfilm. This is from 1974,and shows my brother crossing a small stream using a fence as a "bridge" of sorts.

Attachments

• $Brian-ca 1974.jpg
    $Brian-ca 1974.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 141

Most reactions

Back