Your help is requested pleeeease!!! :)

I don't want to just do photo albums though..I want to do a full website. After my boyfriend finally figured out that I'm in 1st grade when it comes to creating a website, he found me some tutorials that were of some help. He also had me open a tripod account just to practice. Here is all I've done so far.... http://core-photography.tripod.com/placeholder.html

I know that it's VERY VERY little, but it's huge to me. It's a start, and before, I couldn't even imagine starting, cuz I was clueless. :)

So...as soon as my hoster gets the time to hook me up with some webspace ( *taps fingers* ) that will be my placeholder page until I can learn a little more, and figure out a logo and page style and whatnot.

Ok...I have a question. I've gone over the tutorials I'm doing several times, and I'm having a hard time understanding frames. I understand what they are, but not how to implement them. Here's the tutorial I'm using: http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/chap14.shtml

What I don't get is how to upload the frames so they display in one page. Can anyone help me?

OK..and also, as requested, here are some of the other pics I did today:

bite.jpg

bite1.jpg

bite2.jpg

bite3.jpg

bite4.jpg

bite5.jpg

bite6.jpg

Ohh corey, im always here to give yah a hand btw, and ill be more than willing...but im gonna get my website made for me :D

What about putting the apple series you posted into flash or something like that to animate it? Just loop it to play over and over.

For your logo IMO the last shot works the best...

Corry, frames may not be the best way to go, they can get annoying to a user in a hurry. Try learing a template, same concept of each page having the navigation but people can more easily print and refer other people to a specific page than they can with frames. I'm sure you'll get lots of different opinions on them, but I've found templates a lot easier to design and use both from a design standpoint and a user standpoint.

AlisonPower said:
Corry, frames may not be the best way to go, they can get annoying to a user in a hurry. Try learing a template, same concept of each page having the navigation but people can more easily print and refer other people to a specific page than they can with frames. I'm sure you'll get lots of different opinions on them, but I've found templates a lot easier to design and use both from a design standpoint and a user standpoint.

Yeah...Erik told me that last night when he got home. We had a miscommunication earlier in the day when I said something about trying to understand frames when I went through that part of the tutorial the first time. He said that frames are one of the more important aspects. Well, he was thinking I was talking about tables. Oh well. I'll get it all figured out.

Arty, thanks for the banner...You guys are all a great help. All of your ideas really help form more ideas in my own head! :)

hmm good was the apple huh? Why the heck I don't have red apples in my garden???

Ok...thanks again everyone for your help..and if you have any more hints or suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks to you guys, I have some good ideas in place that I plan to implement...it's just a matter of getting it all done. It'll take a bit of time. And I want to give an extra thanks to Arty...you were a huge help, and I do plan on implementing a few of the ideas you gave me! :)

Most reactions

Back