Your HELP required: which to send in for a competition?

Which one to enter in a competition?

• Photo 1

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Photo 2

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Photo 3

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Photo 4

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Photo 5

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Photo 6

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters
OK, seems like most votes go out for either 5 or 6, and of the two I tend more towards 6 myself, too.

Myself, I also quite like 1, though.
I like the bokeh of the many droplets that were on the quinch tree as well as the bushes in the background ... with the plenty of starbursts, but you all say: just the one twig.

Decisions, decisions :scratch: :mrgreen: ...

Oh, one further "by-the-way": I cropped #8 a little and worked on it with USM, do you like it better now? (I still feel it is too abstract for this kind of contest, though):

schauerwetter12acroppedframed.jpg

I don't feel enough of the last photo is in focus. The rainbow ring is beautiful but you have lost the starburst and reflection in the drop. In regards to photo competitions you never know what is going to garner attention or be the right one. It is a difficult decision for me and often times my personal favorite is not the one other people like the most. There was a photo show that I was trying to get into for years around here. It is pretty exclusive and each year I would drop off 2 flower pictures and never got in. Last year I was again putting my entry together when a good friend told me I should enter my train station picture. I decided what the heck and entered it. It was accepted, but didn't win but that was enough for me. I would have never entered it on my own.

I can't believe #5 is winning. I don't like the uniform background, for me it's #1 or #6.

Wow after looking at the "Final" version of #6 I totally say 6... because of the explosive light!

6 for me, that's because I cant vote for 8.

Hai Corinna,
Sorry, I somehow missed this thread last night and the before last.

My vote goes to #6 rather than #5 because the well focused twig with white spots and the not so smooth background is providing the life to the photo rather than being a distraction.

I do even admire your #1-6. You put a lot of effort.

Ravi.

I like that you share my interest in water droplets!

I LIKE #7 the best, sure there are some more dynamic ones but I like #7 because it is more natural without looking like a sunburst was added.

All you need is love. Love is all you really need,

OK I admit it, I've had a few beers.

I'm obviously the odd one out... I voted for #4, though for me it was very close with #5. Personally I liked the fourth out of the first similar photos since my eyes were very clearly drawn to the droplet in vocus and like #5 it has a simpistic feel to it.
I don't think you'd go wrong with submitting any of the photos in this series, the color and detail of each are superb.

Not too odd I guess because thats how I voted too!

my vote would go for number 2

Well, I thought I'd come back and say thank you to all of you once again for your help as to which photo to send to the competition of our local paper.

Actually, everybody may enter 4 photos per month and assignment, and so I sent in Photo 1 (with a teensy-weensy bit of a different crop than is shown here) and Photo 6, plus two other photos, one of which is Photo_2_in_this_thread and one is a different (i.e. vertically framed) version of this_sunset.

It is the photo of the bee that won the contest in the end :biggrin:

Well, let me quote myself on how the jury judges the submissions to this Photo Contest

LaFoto said:
I have long refrained from taking part in it at all.
It is very ... hm ... you know: the subject usually matters. Not so much the photo. If it is a cute looking animal, you know who the winner is... - yes, that sort of contest.

Knowing the jury well enough, I might have known it would be the bee ... :roll:
But there is a very nice photo of a kingfisher out in that contest, too, so I feel that one had an equal chance. And others were not all bad, either. But ... they decided it should be my bee (the only one out of two I have so far seen this spring...).

Well congratulations! Even if it isn't the one you would have chosen out of the four you submitted it is still a lovely shot, and obviously in the judges taste.

Most reactions

Back