Your interest in nature photography

WillygLounge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
willyglounge.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm interested having a discussion of nature photography. I would like to know what kind of nature photography interest you and why, the camera you use and how many years you had interest in this area?

I love sunsets and oceans. I know, horribly overdone and over-photographed, but I love some of the locations available to me here in Maine. I've only been shooting for a few years, and still have much to learn, but I really enjoy it, and think I am slowly figuring out a style and what I like.

Not to mention, I travel to beautiful locations and shoot serene sunsets--so even if I come back empty handed, I'm still happy.

Oh, and I use a D7000 with either a Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 or a Sigma 17-50 2.8, depending.

Best,
Jake

Hey there is no such thing of overly photographed. Not for me anyways. I know with my Canon PowerShot SX50 HS, I got carried away taking photos of the moon. I taken 100's of photos on the first night. The fact the 215mm lens produce results of a 1200mm SLR lens is amazing.

I know I would want to explore the national parks in Maine sometime. I'm currently living n Nova Scotia.

As for myself, I like taking variety photos of nature. Out of everything, animals is my favorite. Having a large telephoto lens, I can capture the animal without disturbing it.

I have no interest in nature, since I was raised to not look at nature, but rather to be a part of nature. I have no qualms with hunting, or fishing, but not for sport, but as a part of life. When I do hunt or fish I take what we need and will use and we always use every part of what ever is brought home. I have hunted for 47 years now and to this day, though I have taken dozens of deer as well as a some elk and other animals, I have yet to put a "trophy" on the wall. I see no purpose. in it.

On the other side of the equation, nature is to me what street photography is to others. I have always reveled in the totality of nature, from its, birth though it's life, and it's death. There is beauty in every aspect if you know where to look. That's why sports photography is a natural for me. The gear needed for sports works just as well in the woods. Having an understanding of the natural world around makes recording is so much easier and a lot more interesting.

gryphonslair99 you had shared a very interesting view. Thank you for getting me to understand the type of photography that you like.

Huge, sweeping landscapes. I love getting caught up in the scene, feeling small because of the massive scale of natural monuments. My absolute favorites are sunset landscapes. There's tons of ways to do them, and I've seen a lot of absolutely stunning ones.

I tend to use film cameras, mostly 6x6 cameras, for the landscapes I try. Normally it's my Hasselblad, or a Rolleiflex I'm working on/testing. I haven't really been doing them decently (key word here: decent) for very long, but I've been trying for at least a decade.

I like to do landscape panoramic photography during my hiking trips.

Me I like taking pictures of critters. All sorts of critters. Big critters, small critters, critters with wings, critters without wings. Zoo critters, non zoo critters. Yup.. I think that about sums it up.

I tend to not get too excited about wide landscapes, though I do like shots with sweeping cloudy skies. My nature shots tend to be details, close-up stuff. Not macro close, but textures or shapes or patterns. I love, for example, little grass shoots coming out of a crack in a rock, or the texture of birch or sorghum tree bark. Lately I've been somewhat obsessed with backlit reeds. Don't know why :)

I also shoot film for the most part, so when I'm choosing one to take on a walk with me, I'll choose maybe my Spotmatic and 135mm lens, or if I feel like beating myself up a little bit, I'll shlep a beastly Mamiya 645 or C330.

Me I like taking pictures of critters. All sorts of critters. Big critters, small critters, critters with wings, critters without wings. Zoo critters, non zoo critters. Yup.. I think that about sums it up.

I consider taking pictures of small critters is the best. I got lucky to get photos of bees, butterflies and dragonflies.

I tend to not get too excited about wide landscapes, though I do like shots with sweeping cloudy skies. My nature shots tend to be details, close-up stuff. Not macro close, but textures or shapes or patterns. I love, for example, little grass shoots coming out of a crack in a rock, or the texture of birch or sorghum tree bark. Lately I've been somewhat obsessed with backlit reeds. Don't know why :)

I also shoot film for the most part, so when I'm choosing one to take on a walk with me, I'll choose maybe my Spotmatic and 135mm lens, or if I feel like beating myself up a little bit, I'll shlep a beastly Mamiya 645 or C330.

I really enjoy your style of photography. I just finished looking at your Flickr account.

I really enjoy your style of photography. I just finished looking at your Flickr account.

Thank you! :lovey:

I enjoy animals of all sorts, wild and domesticated. Except today when I found a dead one, that made me sad so I went home.

I enjoy animals of all sorts, wild and domesticated. Except today when I found a dead one, that made me sad so I went home.

That would make me sad too. I really like wild animals. One day I captured a photo and video of a moose in a lake.

I like specific types of plants, mosses, fungi. I have a bee garden that attracts bumblebees which I also enjoy photographing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back