Your Lengthiest Project?

tailofspence

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what is the longest project other photographers have worked on. I'm not talking about people who are working on a 365 project or the like, but more in regards for that one great masterpiece. I worked on acquiring a certain photo for approximately a year and a half and totalled over 80 days worth of work. The sad thing is it probably would never be considered "art" to anyone! :lol:

$MRS submitted.jpg

Last edited:
Given that my attention span is about 5mins long... my longest project is a miracle at almost 10 minutes.

I'm starting one this year, real ale is very big i the UK with new breweries opening every day, where i live (Derbyshire) there are at the moment 38 what i want to shoot is an environment portrait of every brewer in Derbyshire using about 4 lights

What structure are we looking at?

I'm starting one this year, real ale is very big i the UK with new breweries opening every day, where i live (Derbyshire) there are at the moment 38 what i want to shoot is an environment portrait of every brewer in Derbyshire using about 4 lights

:lmao:

I'll be right over to carry the lights.

Now that that is said, my own project has finally come to be. A few months ago, true, but I had been waiting for about 25 years. I finally got an 8x10 enlarger :)

What structure are we looking at?

Cobalt nanoparticles arrayed in a lattice post spray from an atomizer! Taken with a Zeiss EM-109 (made in West Germany = pretty old device). Uses 120mm film. These are the smallest things ever photographed on the device since we didn't even know the Zeiss had a 400,000x mag until we started the project. You wouldn't believe how many rolls of TMax I killed bracketing and just doing this one shot trying to avoid the "camera shake" as you can imagine even a micrometer of shaking = comet tails! Those little guys are 1/3 of the size of the smallest virus in the world!

I got a friend who's in the jungle of South America right now who has been hunting for a specific animal to photograph so I'm sure his is also a beast of a project! GsGary's brewery shots sound pretty awesome also!

@ C.cloudwalker: that's quite a long wait! i think you win the lengthiest project title...

Over 30 years to finally catch lightening over Mt Rainier Whenever we get lightening, you usually can't see any of the mountains.

I've been documenting my life. So far the project has stretched on for 39 years.

:lmao:

I'll be right over to carry the lights.

Now that that is said, my own project has finally come to be. A few months ago, true, but I had been waiting for about 25 years. I finally got an 8x10 enlarger :)

:thumbup: i sometimes drink some from over the pond
392186993_zynPD-L.jpg

392201651_gE8yn-L.jpg

You should be able to light all 38 people with four lights. You're a resourceful fellow!

You should be able to light all 38 people with four lights. You're a resourceful fellow!

I could do with an assistant to do that while i drink beer

I finally got an 8x10 enlarger :)

Cool. What did you get? How will you use it?

-Pete

What did I get? I have not the slightest idea. :lmao:

I bought a garage full of photo gear from a well known and respected retail photo studio which I've had no time to open and check out since the buy, save a few boxes. :)

This was just one of those things. A happy accident kind of thing. I ran into the daughter of the studio owner, we talked, I found out she had all that old gear, I went and tried to look at it, saw a bunch of crates and boxes, some of which mentioned 8x10 enlarger (an old dream of mine,) and I just bought the darn thing lot.

It was cheap. Especially after I said I was a photog and wanted to actually use it.

How will I use it? To make huge prints. What else?

And yes, I realize that that is not the main concern of most photogs today (or even yesterday, or even at the time this guy was using the gear daily,) probably never was actually, but was always one of mine.

Just a personal art vision.

:(

I started in 1968 trying to get the "prefect" image. Have come close a few times, maybe tomorrow.

Most reactions

Back