• I use a name I made up.

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters

photogincollege

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering and figured I'd take a poll. Do you use your name for your photography business or a name you made up, and why?

I was wondering and figured I'd take a poll. Do you use your name for your photography business or a name you made up, and why?

I'm not in business as it relates to photography just yet, but I plan on using it to increase my earning potential (I have other interests). But I do have a dba (doing business as) and have had it for a few years.

What do you do? Do you use your real name or a made up one? :)

On the Internet I use a made-up name so I can get into juvenile flame-outs over topics I don't actually care about, without having clients or business associates find those posts at first Googling..

....name for your photography business or a name you made up, and why?
Neither. It's my real name, first initial and last name. Why? Because I don't have a photography business to use my photography business name.

Though I did order that free magazine someone posted here about and had to state my business name. So, I did what I see many others do and put my initials and Photography as my business name. My wife laughed when she saw the address tag and it said "MR Photography" which made it look like I called myself "Mr. Photography" :D

On the Internet I use a made-up name so I can get into juvenile flame-outs over topics I don't actually care about, without having clients or business associates find those posts at first Googling..

I do too, because I do not wish to be googlable either. However since my name is about as common as "Smith", I would be impossible to find, even using my real name.

skieur

My name is made up.

My real name is Lord Monkeybottom Chesterfield Bannanaface, the third.

I do too, because I do not wish to be googlable either. However since my name is about as common as "Smith", I would be impossible to find, even using my real name.

skieur
Yeah, I'm not too afraid of google. According to Google, I am the star of Outrage, a congressman who "proudly represents Alabama's 3rd district," and the honkytonk hitman.

If you google my name, you will actually see that I'm a famous radio sports caster in New York. I'm on David Letterman all the time.

If you google my name, you will actually see that I'm a famous radio sports caster in New York. I'm on David Letterman all the time.

Yes, I own a funeral home, apparently, so you better watch out. :lol:

skieur

i made up a name because:

1. it encompasses my philosophy on art

2. i'm one of those people who got married and then hyphenated, so it's a bit much.

With a made up name you can add photographers. Using your name limits the resale value of the business if it ever gets to the point of it going up for sale.

Made up... No reference to my photography, more so with my Military Career.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back