Your opinion...yes or no...

NikonNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
saw this and reminded me of those houses on plates...americana style...does this do it? yes or no?
31cropandcorrect.JPG

I think there's the potential for a cool image here, but I think to make it work you need several stops of G-ND filter to reduce the dynamic range and brighten up the building faces a bit.

I think there's the potential for a cool image here, but I think to make it work you need several stops of G-ND filter to reduce the dynamic range and brighten up the building faces a bit.

ok..i did that with the tree ystday, I'll give it a go in photoshop

ok so there is a difference in Graduated and Gradient filters...I tried a gradient filter, but the one I used yesterday was to work on the sky this is opposite...Ill have to play with this for a long time. probably not worth it. oi

Last edited:
I like it Newbie, interested to see what you can do with the filters.
Blue

it's a good start for exposure. I'm not sure I like the dark house but the exposure is decent so that's more subjective. it is a back lit house and would be darker than the surroundings.

my major issue is there's no really good subject. the house doesn't feel like it.

I would like to see a comparative photo of the house taken noticably closer a couple of times. alternately, crouch so the camera is half the distance from the ground and take it again as a pairing with each shot.

I bet you'll find that with six options one grabs you more than the others.

IMO:
No. Too far away for my tastes. Love the whole lane thing, but half the distance would have done just fine for me. Also, I would like to see you be in the center of the lane, it feels like your standing on the right side.

:gah:

I dont know wtf I'm doing...I got the sky darker and then it only stoped 3/4 of the way down the sky..so i used the curser to drag the color down more...and it made the damn house black.
I dont know how to make the house brighter looking.
It's time for a classroom for me.
:(

IMO:
No. Too far away for my tastes. Love the whole lane thing, but half the distance would have done just fine for me. Also, I would like to see you be in the center of the lane, it feels like your standing on the right side.

Believe me I have SEVERAL ones that get closer and closer...I just like the sun up in the corner, the other ones are void of the sun.
and the house is abadoned...so it aint so nice looking close up. lol

ok so there is a difference in Graduated and Gradient filters...I tried a gradient filter, but the one I used yesterday was to work on the sky this is opposite...Ill have to play with this for a long time. probably not worth it. oi

I dont think tirediron was refering to a photoshop filter. He is talking about about a filter that goes on your lens. It goes from light to dark so that you can brighten up the houses while making the sky stay blue and not blown out.

Believe me I have SEVERAL ones that get closer and closer...I just like the sun up in the corner, the other ones are void of the sun.
and the house is abadoned...so it aint so nice looking close up. lol

I was afraid that might happen and that is a key feature.

here are the rest of them...I guess with the sun behind the house it was poor lighting...I did walk around to the back of the house but it was just terrible with junk and debris...so it is what it is...I didnt want to post them all on here, don't worry I dont even know how to use my photoshop or my camera yet, so rest assured you will not get a virus from this code...I'm not even an IOTA smart enough to do massive damage..lmao
Picasa Web Albums - Angela W - Bear swamp

I dont think tirediron was refering to a photoshop filter. He is talking about about a filter that goes on your lens. It goes from light to dark so that you can brighten up the houses while making the sky stay blue and not blown out.

ya got that...in this book scott kelby says you dont always need the actual lens filter to do the trick..and he shows how to do it in cs2...but it doesn't work here...oh well...back to the house when there is time to be had.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back