Your Photography Experience? (Poll)

Photos are cool. I picture tells a thousand words, thats what I love about photography. Showing the viewer what I saw at the time.

I used to be very keen on photography, and more so the darkroom, at school and when I left, so much so that I got a job in commercial photographic lab printing 60" x 40" hand prints and bleach-etches (this was before computers and inkjet printers were widely used for large format). Working in this environment kicked out the interest I had and killed it as a hobby for me. Well that was about 21 years ago and in the last year or so my interest had been rekindled.

I've dragged out of the cupboard my trusty 21yr old Nikon film SLR again which is still a cracker after all these years. Recently (November) I bought a digital camera Fujifilm Finepix s9500, what is called a 'Bridge' camera. SLR like action, but not truly an SLR. TBH it's like learning all over again! but I'm enjoying it :)

Mohain

Started off when my grandparents and Father flew out for my high school graduation. We took them to a place called the Crystal Bridge (indoor botanical garden in Oklahoma). I borrowed my dad's ae-1 and shot a few rolls. My grandparents were so impressed by the pictures they mailed me their ae-1 and I took off from there shooting for fun during college and taking a photo course to learn to develop my last year there. Upgraded to a nikon f100 using my tax return my first year in graduate school and then just this Christmas upgraded myself to a d70s and still loving every minute of it.

I've been photographing since I was 12... my experience? spamming TPF :)

I've been taken photos since I was 12. First with film cameras (in the 80's), now with digital cameras. I love taking pictures.

Oddly enough, I was never into photography as a youngster. I spent 100% of my time playing music, and practicing the drums. I started to get into web design in my early 20s, and the need to take my own stock photos arose. I bought a point a shoot digital, and was captivated. The rest is history. I've learned alot from this site, and been inspired by the many great photographers who spend their time here.

Welcome aboard! :)

I remember how I used to make the paper pictures in our so-called photo workshop with my brother, in the early 80's. Wow, great memories!

My first photo was at the age of 8 with my father's camera. I have been on and off on this though I have been shooting for many years. In my middle life, I am getting serious about it again.

i've been shooting for a year, starting with a Minolta SRT-101 with 3 lenses i bought from a friend in very good condition, learned very little for the first 6 months or so, only photographed a few good pictures with it during a spring break vacation to an island, mostly took pictures with my parents' digital point & shoot, very basic stuff, i didn't really touch any of it until the following fall when i shot and developed B&W film for the first time, and it wasn't until recently around christmas that i actually made prints...

since christmas i've done at least a hundred prints and have moved up from the Minolta to a Yashicamat, and now do mostly medium format photography, otherwise i do a lot of photojournalism for the school newspaper - 100-200 shots a week every week

basically very little until recently, most of the last year spent reading up on photography and learning what i can from the books, now i'm a zombie with it (sort of)

when i was in highschool (1998 ) i became interested on photography, by that time i dont know where to start & my savings are not enough to buy my own camera. then years passed i got into different hobbies, such as skateboarding, scooter tuning & scooter drag racing, while doing those things i still have the photography in mind.. around 2003 my elder sister bought a Canon Prima p&s film camera & that became my starting point, i used to barrow it but only when there are scooter drag racing events, i became active shooting on some races & find expensive printing them.. then last year i found TPF & only camera i owned last year was my Sonyericsson T610 camera phone :D i started posting here some photos taken from my phone, i was overwhelmed by the people who replied on my 1st pics. that i posted here. i was inspired & became more eager to have my own camera, i'm already eying for FinePix S5000 (that is only i can afford) then suddenly i saw S5100 on our local auction site, i won the bidding by offering my cameraphone & add some cash.. now i've been active taking pictures for around 4 months :) but as of now i'm thinking to get a class for photography..

oohhh sorry if got you bored :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back